Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity (National HR) at Teach for India for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
About Teach for India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country.
These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 900 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
The Intern, Human Resources will be working directly with the National HR Team. They will support two important functions within the HR Team through varying degrees. The Intern will gain experience in data management and communication as well as the chance to add their expertise in any on-going project at that time.
- Pursuing / Completed an Undergraduate degree in any field
- Very high attention to detail and thorough in their work; a creative individual
- Strong data orientation (specifically with MS Office – Excel)
- Quick learner – This person will be working with Salesforce and KEKA (HRMS)
- Excellent written skills – ideally has some experience with the same
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to the need of the hour
Please note that the below is a broad description of the different responsibilities of an HR Intern. At Teach For India, the HR Team works on different priorities depending on the quarter or the milestones we are required to meet. Hence, depending on the time of the year, our HR Intern should expect a combination of the below priorities as well as an additional project based on interest, strengths, and bandwidth.
1. Database Management – To clean up and reorganize existing Teach For India Community data on two different HRMS platforms (Salesforce & KEKA) by
- Analysing existing data and checking for discrepancies across platforms for a 1200 strong community
- Correcting the discrepancies identified by combing through existing documents or coordinating with the relevant authorities to get access to the same
2. Careers Website – To assist with redesigning our current “Careers” page by
- Analyzing the important features of a “Careers” page and recommending shifts to TFI’s page accordingly
- Conducting research to understand and advise TFI on what role the Careers page can play in defining TFI as an aspirational workplace
- Creating excellent content – descriptions, audio-visual media – that will assist in sharing the stories and testimonials of our existing Staff, the process of hiring at Teach For India and more
- Story-boarding our Careers page layout and coordinating with our designer to bring this vision to life
The HR Intern will be considered very much a member of the Human Resources Team and the wider HR Community at Teach For India. We’d like for our intern to immerse deeply at Teach For India by being an active participant in our HR Community and Team Calls, volunteering if that interests them as well as engaging in organization-wide initiatives.
- Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Ahmedabad.