Teach for India invites applications for Internship Opportunity- Human Resources (Bridge Volunteer Program) at for the year 2021.
About Teach For India
Teach For India is a non-profit and a movement of leaders that was founded by Shaheen Mistri in 2009. It is a part of the Teach For All network. To build a growing movement of leaders, Teach For India runs a two year Fellowship and supports an Alumni movement
About the Position
The Intern will be responsible for supporting the success of the national Volunteer Program. As part of our next phase of growth, we have launched an ambitious project to bring in many more leaders into our educational equity movement through a Volunteer Program.
We are hoping to bring in more than 3,000 leaders over the next few months to support our Students, and help reverse the effects of the pandemic on Student learning. We are looking for someone with a strong implementation focus, who can maintain a long-term vision of the potential trajectory of building a best-in-class volunteer program. This is an 8 month long, full time, paid opportunity, starting immediately.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience with project management and operational work experience
- Experience in partnering and working with multiple stakeholders
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Prioritization skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment with lots of moving parts
- Creative eye, with experience with design software (Photoshop, Canva, or Illustrator)
- Past experience having designed and/or managed volunteer programs at scale
- Analytical experience preferred, with comfort in working with large datasets, Salesforce, Excel .
- Recruiting volunteers:
- Making creatives for the recruitment channels
- Managing and running campaigns end-to-end at a defined frequency
- Data tracking and management
- Working closely with the Human Resources community across cities to implement key elements of the program
- Onboarding volunteers:
- Coordinating with candidates who have applied and running operations for the live onboarding spaces
- Facilitating aspects of the onboarding via technology platforms on a predefined frequency to ensure our volunteers are ready to enter classrooms
- Ensuring volunteers are set up for success in their classrooms – e.g., from classroom matching
- Engaging volunteers:
- Helping volunteers with any support they may require in the duration of their volunteer program
- Creating digital communications (e.g., via Whatsapp groups) to build an online community of volunteers to problem solve, draw insights and share learnings
- Managing operations for all engagement activities including coordinating with leads and speakers, problem solving and gathering feedback
- Strategic support:
- Working directly with the Volunteer Program Lead and the Director of Human Resources to develop compelling communication and storytelling for the long term vision of the program
- Working directly with the Technology team team on any reporting or dashboards
- Source and set up potential partnerships
- Working on qualitative and quantitative research pieces that entail collecting feedback from focused group discussions, drawing surveys, etc. that gather voices from the community to inform quality of insight for future program iterations.
How to Apply
- Click HERE to apply for Internship Opportunity- Human Resources (Bridge Volunteer Program) at Teach for India.