About United Nations
The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization that aims to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
Duration & Stipend
- The internship at the Asian and Pacific Centre for Transfer of Technology is for a minimum of two months with an opportunity to extend it for not more than six months, if required by APCTT.
- The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
- Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Other duties may include undertaking the following:
- Regular monitoring of relevant developments, policy trends and news articles related to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs in the subregion;
- Monitor and collect details on national policies on selected sustainable development issues of member States of ESCAP
- Collect data, generate figures and tables, describe and analyze the tables and results to support ESCAP-APCTT staff in related research and analytical work
- Attend conferences, seminars, meetings and other events and provide written highlights and briefing notes
- Provide administrative, organizational and conference management support for ESCAP-APCTT events
- Other activities as may be decided by the supervisor.
How to Apply
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. The Cover Note must include:
- Degree Programme (What is the current field of study or what was the field of study (for applicants who already graduated)
- Graduation date (When will the applicant graduate or when did the applicant graduate from the programme?)
- List of the IT skills and programmes that the applicant is proficient in
- List of top three areas of interest of the candidate
- Explanation on why the candidate consider most suitable candidate for this specific internship
- Explanation of your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
- For Official Notification, Click HERE