The Legal Department of SEBI is now accepting applications for its legal internship opportunity.
About the Organisation
The Securities and Exchange Board of India [SEBI] is the regulator for the securities market in India owned by the Government of India. It was established in 1988 and given Statutory Powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
About the Internship
SEBI is now accepting applications for its legal internship opportunity, upon relaxation of the Government advisory relating to complete/partial lockdown and travel restrictions.
Who can Apply?
- Student of a Law School/University recognised by the Bar Council of India
- Should have completed at least 3 years of the 5-year LLB course or 2 years of the 3-year LLB course
- Students pursuing LLM course
- Should have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA in the previous semester results.
Duration of Internship
The tenure of internship shall not be less than four weeks.
- Rs. 10,000/-: Upon satisfactory and successful completion of the internship
How to Apply?
- The Head of the Department or the Course Coordinator of the respective Law School/University in-charge of theInternship Program shall submit the application recommending not more than three applicants from their Law School/University in a given quarter.
- No applicationshall be entertainedfrom individual students.
- The applications for internship shall be sent to the following e-mail address:[email protected]
- TheHead of the Department or the Course Coordinator shall forward a scanned copy of the cover letter on the letterhead of the respective Law School/University recommending the applicants for internship.
- The curriculum vitae (CV) of each applicant shall be not more than 2 pageswith the current contact details.
- The Head of the Department or the Course Coordinator of the respective Law School/University shall be intimated about the applicant/s who would be required to join the internship program.
- In case any applicant fails to report for internship without any reasonable explanationor discontinues the program midway, their Law School/University shall be informed of the same and the applicant shall not be considered for future internships with SEBI.
- Applications shall be e-mailed to SEBI within the first week (1st-7th) of every quarter for internship commencing in the next quarter.
- No application shall be considered beyond the application window.