Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity (Financial Content Writing) at SEBI Mumbai for the year 2021. The last date of application is 30 October.
SEBI is in process of developing a web-based “Virtual Museum of Indian Securities Market” to demonstrate rich heritage and the transformation of securities market in India over the decades. In nutshell, we intend to tell the story of Indian securities market to the present and future generation through a web-enabled platform of high standards and interactive interface for enhancing awareness and interest among public at large.
This program will give an opportunity to individuals for creating research based original content writing and enhance their knowledge of securities market, content writing skills, while working on hands-on project.
Age and Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen up to 30 years of age as on March 31, 2021.
- Post-graduation or equivalent degree in Economics or Business or Finance OR
- Minimum 60% aggregate marks at post-graduation level or equivalent CGPA.
- Content writing and editing skills on topics of securities markets or economics or business or finance
- Published articles on securities market, economics, business, or finance in periodicals or reputed publications during last five years.
- Proof reading for technical, grammatical and style guide compliance.
Work Experience: Not a pre-requisite.
- Research facts and information, create original and summarized writings from various committee reports, rules and regulations, policy developments, circulars, articles, news clippings, related to securities markets.
- visit to various archives and libraries for material collection and extraction,
- preparing contents for interviews/discussions with eminent personality associated with Indian securities market,
- proof reading for technical, grammatical, and style guide compliance
- Create error free and unique plagiarism-free content
- support for editing of multi-media contents
- Any other work related to Virtual Museum.
SEBI will pay a stipend either of
- ₹45,000/- (Forty-Five Thousand only) per month, without accommodation OR
- ₹35,000 (Thirty-Five Thousand only) per month, with SEBI accommodation (subject to availability)
- Out of total application received after cut-off date, the candidates will be shortlisted by SEBI, based on its eligibility criteria, documentary evidence submitted, skills available (as mentioned above), etc.
- Candidates may be asked to appear for preliminary interview in virtual mode.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview. The dates for Personal Interview will be informed subsequently.
- Based on the interview, the candidate will be selected.
- Incomplete applications and applications without documentary evidence are liable to be rejected.
- Twelve months from the date of appointment.
- The candidate should necessarily complete the twelve months’ period after joining and if he / she decides to terminate the same, a notice period of at least one month must be served. If under any circumstances, the candidate is unable to serve the notice period he / she would have to pay an amount equivalent to one month’s stipend.
- SEBI reserves the right to terminate the internship with a notice period of one month without giving any reason.
Interested candidate can apply for this internship by filling up the ‘Application Form’ (as given below) and sending the signed copy of it to SEBI (in the physical form) at the below mentioned address.
Deputy General Manager,
Department of Economic and Policy Analysis –II
Securities and Exchange Board of India
SEBI Bhavan – II
Plot No. C 4-A, ‘G’ Block,
Bandra Kurla Complex
Bandra (E), Mumbai 400051
The completely filled and signed ‘Application Forms’ should be sent to SEBI (abovementioned address) so as to reach on or before the last date. The last date for the receipt of the applications by SEBI is October 30, 2021.
The envelope containing the application shall clearly mention “Application for Financial Content Writer under Internship Program – 2021.