About ISB and MIHM:
MIHM’s vision is to become a thought leader in the Indian healthcare scene through cutting edge research, innovation education programs, and deep industry engagement. Major themes of MIHM’s activities include Management of Healthcare Delivery Institutions, Financing of Healthcare and Healthcare Policy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship and Behavioral Change.
ISB faculty aligned with MIHM have a wide range of research interests: impact of operational decisions on population-level health outcomes, application of behavioral economics to wellness programs; global pharmaceutical economics and innovation, leadership and change management in healthcare delivery institutions, innovation and scalability of social ventures in healthcare, use of information and communication technology to improve healthcare delivery. In the past, MIHM has collaborated with and has been funded by leading organizations such as Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, PFI, CDDEP, PATH, Clinton Health Access Initiative, USAID and Abt Associates Inc.
- Title: Intern, Max Institute of Healthcare Management (MIHM), Indian School of Business (ISB)
- Location: ISB Mohali/Hyderabad Campus OR Remote
- Number of positions: 1
- Duration: Till July 2021
The successful candidate will carry out research activities within the mission and strategy of MIHM in one or more of its research themes: (i) Health System Design, (ii) Innovation and Entrepreneurship, (iii) Public Policy and Financing, (iv) Behavioral Change under close guidance and supervision of ISB faculty members.
The job duties include aligning methodologies with research goals, using a range of tools to acquire information and interpret data, writing up reports and presenting findings and schedules to different stakeholders, identifying trends and patterns, conducting fieldwork and tests when required, as well as protecting databases and confidential information. The person will be responsible for collecting, organizing, analyzing data, and explore issues.
- The intern’s primary areas of work will include one or more of the following: healthcare facility costing, behavioral change, monitoring and evaluation, supply chain mapping, evaluating technology-enabled innovation healthcare delivery models, impact evaluation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree (or bachelor’s degree from premier institute) in management, operations, economics, public health, epidemiology, engineering, or public policy.
- Graduates from other disciplines may also be considered if they have demonstrable experience in or knowledge of the healthcare sector.
- Candidates with prior experience in health systems costing, healthcare supply chain, ICT and healthcare, monitoring and evaluation, impact evaluation, behavioral change, field work, qualitative research, will receive strong preference.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical and computational packages such as R, Python, and STATA is essential.
How to apply:
- Send an email to [email protected] with subject line “Application for MIHM Intern – May 2021” with a copy of your CV.
- Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
- You will be contacted only in case you are shortlisted for an interview.
- For the Official Notification,Click HERE