Kudumbashree invites applications for doing internship at various Kudumbashree offices / programme sites.
About the Organisation
Kudumbashree’, the Kerala State Poverty Eradication Mission is the poverty eradication and women empowerment programme of the Government of Kerala. ‘Kudumbashree’ was set up in 1997 by Kerala State in the context of the ‘People’s Plan Movement’ in the State, which marked a mass mobilisation for bottom-up planning in the wake of the ‘decentralization of power’. Today, the Kudumbashree community network has 2,91,507 NHGs with a total membership of 43,93,579 women. It is a registered society under the Travancore Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Act 1955, formed around the central themes of poverty eradication and women empowerment. While Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Government of India has recognized Kudumbashree as the ‘State Rural Livelihoods Mission’ and as a ‘National Resource Organisation’ to support other States of the country, the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has acknowledged Kudumbashree as the ‘State Urban Livelihood Mission’.
About the Opportunity
We offer intensive mentoring and an opportunity to build a life-long network through our internship. This is an exceptional internship for exceptional students.Candidates must be proactive, self-driven, resourceful, detail-oriented, and humble individuals with a willingness to learn.
Who can apply?
- Students pursuing a) Post-graduate / Integrated five year courses in Management / Commerce / Economics / Agriculture/ Finance / Social Work / Rural Development / Women’s Studies etc from reputed Institutions can apply for internships.
- The duration of the internship will be subject to the policy of sponsoring institutions. Kudumbashree shall permit internships from one month to six months.
- No stipend will be provided to the interns. The trainees will have to bear the cost of their travel from their institution to Kudumbashree and return, as well as local travel and food & accommodation expenses.
- Selection will be made on the basis of receipt of number of applications after scrutinizing the applications.
- Selected candidates will be intimated separately subject to the availability of slot and approval of selection committee.
- The certificates of internship will be issued after assessment of the work done and reports submitted by interns.
How to apply?
- CLICK HERE to visit the Official Website.
- Apply now – [email protected]
- Eligible students should apply for internship(open throughout the year) through proper channel i.e., through their respective heads of institutions/ colleges to the address given below. The Executive Director, Kudumbashree, State Poverty Eradication Mission – Govt. of Kerala, 2nd Floor, TRIDA Building, Chalakkuzhi Road, Medical College PO, Trivandrum – 695011
- An advance copy of the application can be e-mailed to [email protected]