About the Organization:
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Their work focuses on building sustainable and liveable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
The intern will undertake a range of responsibilities as listed below.
- Mining and collating electricity and socio-economic development related data (including with geo-spatial attributes) from secondary sources, cleaning and processing primary data from the field, reorganizing data in a standardised format that can be read by either human or machine
- Using statistical tools to interpret data sets, identify trends and patterns that could be valuable for the project’s diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts
- Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis, if necessary
- Sharpen insights by complementing the analyses by working closely with project team and conducting literature review and consultations to validate abovementioned findings
Required Attributes and Credentials:
- Completed or on-going higher education degree in Statistics, Data Science, Analytics, development economics, Mathematics, or related social science subjects
- Experience in conducting data mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualizations
- Experience of using programming languages and tools like Python, R, Stata, Tableau, SAS, Macro functions in Excel for analysing and interpreting data
- Experience in translating analyses and data interpretation into descriptive reports and presentations
- Working knowledge of statistical and geo-spatial databases especially with respect to Jharkhand, and an understanding of the relationship between electricity access and socio-economic development is preferable
- INR 25,000 per Month
How to apply
- Only Qualified applicants should apply online athttps://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
- List of Documents to be attached: Cover Letter/ Resume/ Writing Sample/ Reports/
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
- For more information please check the Link