India Plastic Challenge 2021 invites applications from the Students and Young Innovators. The last date of submission is 1 August 2021.
About the Challenge
India Plastic Challenge-Hackathon 2021 is a part of the awareness program launched by Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MOEFCC), Govt. of India, to eliminate Single Use Plastics (SUPs). This challenge will provide a platform for students, startups, and young innovators with clearly defined ideas for digital solutions for plastic waste and the elimination of SUPs.
This challenge will bridge gaps between industry and innovators for the effective implementation of the solutions. With one-on-one mentoring sessions with industry experts, participants can build better business cases. Selected participants will showcase their solutions in final pitch session where their ideas will get more visibility and opportunity to pilot their solutions.
This challenge is being organized by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India to find innovative solutions to effectively track and monitor plastic waste, provide affordable alternatives and reduce dependency on SUPs
- Track 1 – Digital Solutions for Plastic Waste: To effectively track and monitor plastic waste
- Track 2 – Elimination of Single-Use Plastics: To provide affordable alternatives and reduce dependence on plastics
Open for students and startups with a clearly defined solution.
- For students: Students currently pursuing Bachelors, Masters and Doctorate course from Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) of India.
- For startup: The startup must be registered under the Startup India Scheme by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)*
- Application phase – Submit an entry form with a clearly defined solution according to the eligibility criteria
- Shortlisting – After evaluation of the applications received, the most promising entries with innovative solutions will be shortlisted
- Program coaching and mentoring – The shortlisted applicants will be supported through business coaching webinars and one-on-one mentoring with industry experts
- Pitch session – Shortlisted participants will be asked to submit a presentation or pitch. The jury will select winners from each track post the pitching session
- Announcement of winners – For each of the two tracks, 3 winners will be chosen to be awarded cash prizes
- Student Category: Top 3 winners get INR 1 lakh each
- Startup Category: Top 3 winners get INR 5 lakh each