About the Organization:
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), commonly called the Foreign Office or British Foreign Office, is a department of the Government of the United Kingdom. They are responsible for protecting and promoting British interests worldwide and were created by merging the Foreign Office and the Commonwealth Office.
Position: Immigration Liaison Officer (IEI) – Home Office – B3, New Delhi
The team in New Delhi have responsibility for India and Nepal and key responsibilities include (but are not limited to);
- Detecting and preventing abuse within the UK visa application process, and identifying and disrupting the activity of the organised crime groups behind it
- Supporting airline carriers with the delivery of robust training packages to aid identification and disruption of passengers and organised crime groups aiming to abuse travel routes to the UK
- Using the Intelligence Management System (IMS) to prioritise and action public allegations and intelligence referrals from IEI posts globally
- Working with Her Majesty’s Passport Office (HMPO) to consider complex intelligence and counter-fraud referrals
- Contributing to the capacity building of the host nation through ongoing projects within Official Development Assistance (ODA) budgets, supporting the government’s 2015 Aid Strategy in developing countries
- Develop operational intelligence products through the collection, interpretation and evaluation of relevant quantitative and qualitative information sources
- Work closely with HMG partners at post, host authorities and international partners to support the development of intelligence and investigations to disrupt organised crime groups.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Investigation: Individual case working investigations as tasked by the Head of Section and Her Majesty’s Passport Office (HMPO) as well as other government departments.
- Crime: Using collaborative working with overseas and UK law enforcement partners to develop intelligence and investigations to disrupt organised crime groups targeting the UK.
- Intelligence gathering and analysis: Develop operational intelligence products through the collection, interpretation and evaluation of relevant quantitative and qualitative information sources. Strong problem solving skills are required to identify and investigate suspected organised immigration crime and to gather evidence-based intelligence. Ensure that all relevant intelligence is gathered, assessed and disseminated in line with guidance.
- Liaison: Build effective working relationships with host authorities, international partners
- (5CC/EU) and UK partners to support the delivery of crime and intelligence objectives. Lead on the
- exchange of actionable intelligence with local law enforcement partners and counterparts in other
- Diplomatic missions to identify and mitigate threats to the UK border. Representing the Home Office Office professionally, developing effective relationships with the wider embassy and key external partners.
- Computer literate with Microsoft desktop functions (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Explorer) at a level where you can: create, use and interrogate complex templates, tables, data-sets on Home Office and FCDO IT platforms.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of written and spoken English with the ability to write high quality reports and briefings.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- An ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- INR 67,767 – INR 111395 plus 80% Security allowance, plus 12% in lieu of PF and 8% Special Allowance.
How to Apply
- For Official Notification and Application please click here