The India Smart Cities Fellowship is an initiative of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) under the Smart Cities Mission to cultivate youth leadership and usher vibrancy in the design of India’s urban future.
- Graduates with 1st Division or minimum 60% marks; or, Post Graduates with 1st Division or minimum 60% marks; or, PhDs from premier institutions/universities.
Role and Responsibilities:
- The India Smart Cities Fellow will be engaged in city-specific projects, through the Smart City Special Purpose Vehicles to provide solutions to city-specific issues. The Fellows would be based out of Delhi for the first 5 months and out of a Smart City for the rest of the months. During their initial stay in Delhi, the Fellows will be involved in project ideation, workshops, and review meetings. They will subsequently relocate to a Smart City for project development and pilot.
- The India Smart Cities Fellow will also provide the necessary support to Mission Director, SCM and/or, CEOs of selected Smart Cities in terms of analytics, research, documentation, independent assessment, visualization, or any other related activities including reports, posters, dossiers, etc.
- A consolidated amount of Rs. 60,000 per month per Fellow (inclusive of local transport allowance) will be paid to selected Smart Cities Fellows.
Place of Posting:
- The Fellows will be deployed in New Delhi till their projects are finalized. The Fellows may be required to be stationed in any of the Smart Cities as per requirement. The decision of the project city will rest on the Mission Director (SCM).