Applications are now open for the University of Birmingham: Global Masters Scholarship 2021.
Birmingham has a proud heritage of removing barriers to education to enable the most academically talented students to fulfill their potential in learning and education.
In keeping with this tradition, they are proud to be launching the Global Masters Scholarship to attract and support the most academically talented international students from across the world to our Master’s degrees during the 2021/22 academic year.
Approximately 30 scholarships will be awarded a value of up to £10,000 GBP. This award will be deducted from the total tuition fees owed by each successful scholar.
About the University of Birmingham
The University of Birmingham is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom. It received its royal charter in 1900 as a successor to Queen’s College, Birmingham, and Mason Science College, making it the first English civic or ‘red brick university to receive its own royal charter.
- Aproximately 30 scholarships will be awarded with a value of up to £10,000 GBP.
- This award will be deducted from the total tuition fees owed by each successful scholar.
In order to be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements. Candidates must:
- Have received, and accepted, an offer of admission for a taught Masters degree at the University of Birmingham UK Campus to study in the 2021/22 academic year.
- Be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the eligible countries.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Start their studies at the University in September/ October 2021 on a course delivered on-campus.
- Be academically exceptional and able to provide evidence for this in the scholarship application statement. Candidates must also have, or be expecting to achieve, a first class overall grade (at least 70% in the UK system) in a bachelors degree or equivalent.
As an example, the minimum equivalent grade requirement in the US, India, Nigeria and China are as follows:
- 3.5 out of 4.0 and above in the US GPA system.
- 70% in the Indian grading system
- 3.5 (out of 4.0) or 4.5 (out of 5.0) or 6.2 (out of 7.0) in the Nigerian grading system
- 85% grade awarded by a top tier Chinese University, 90% grade awarded by a mid-tier Chinese University
Students in receipt of a full scholarship or sponsorship covering full tuition fees from an alternative internal or external source are also not eligible for this scholarship. Those with other partial awards may be able to conjoin this scholarship with other scholarships.
- Candidates must be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the following countries: Algeria, Canada, China (PRC), Egypt, Ghana, Hong Kong (SAR of PRC), India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Seychelles, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
- Click HERE, for the Official Notification.
- Click HERE, to apply for the fellowship.
- Last Date to Apply: June 30, 2021
Click HERE for 1700+ Best Online Courses in multiple fields by Harvard, MIT and Yale [Free of Cost]