About the Organization
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and has six regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.
Under the direct supervision of the Business Solution & Innovation Lead, and broad guidance of the ICT Manager, the incumbent provides support in the following areas:
- Design, develop, test, implement new software and maintenance of existing software to meet specific planned and approved requirements, using the .NET framework and Microsoft technology stack, ensuring the availability of solutions to staff region wide.
- Assist with technical support for web, mobile, and desktop applications.
- Understand application development requirements and transform them into functional applications in line with business objectives. Convert project specifications by using flowcharts and diagrams, into a sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into the programming language(s) used by the Regional Office.
- Maintain and upgrade existing applications and fix issues to enhance the functionalities. Collaborate with application team members to set specifications for new applications and design creative prototypes according to specifications.
- Identify bottlenecks and address issues to ensure the best performance in the application development process. Assist users and technical support providers in identifying sources of problems and in developing temporary and sustainable solutions to those problems.
- Ensure that necessary reports about the system development and maintenance process activities and the process itself are generated and communicated to improve overall process efficiency and quality.
- Report the progress status of all duties performed regularly to the Business Solution& Innovation Lead, to enable consolidated reporting to the Regional ICT Manager on overall progress.
- Serve as a backup for other team members in the Applications team in their absence.
- Carry out any other duties relevant to the job, or as required by the supervisor.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Essential: Secondary School education supplemented by relevant courses in Information Technology.
- Desirable: Degree in Computer Application and Microsoft certifications in application development, or closely related field
- Experience: At least five (5) years of experience in the field of software design, development, testing and implementation of Microsoft Net applications.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures and practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication with time management skills. Also, the ability to draft business cases and technical documentation.
- Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training.
- A team player and able to collaborate effectively with other teams with strong testing and debugging, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and analytical skills Creative, flexible, self-driven, and innovative mindset.
- Attention to detail and ability to plan and organize work and ability to learn new languages and technologies.
- Adaptability, positive attitude, and proactive
How to Apply
|For Official Notification & To Apply
|Join our Telegram Channel
|Follow us on Instagram
|Join our WhatsApp Groups