Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Mumbai invites applications for Executive Assistant for the year 2021.
About the Hiring
Applications are invited for one post of “Executive Assistant” (EA) to be filled on Contractual basis (full time in-office work) for a period of one year initially and extendable based on performance of the candidate and requirement of the Institute.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences is a multi-campus public research university in Mumbai, India. It is Asia’s oldest institute for professional social work education and was founded in 1936 in then Bombay Presidency of British India as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work by the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust.
- Master degree in Social Sciences, Management, Journalism and Communications or related fields. Graduates with excellent documentation and communication skills may be considered if such skills are proven at the screening level.
- 2-3 years’ administrative work experience at the middle level in large institutions / firms or work with senior officials of such firms. Experience in academic institutions will be an added advantage.
- Even if you meet the required academic qualification and experience as above, following skills and proficiencies are essential requirements for the ideal candidate:
- Proficiency in MS office with good ability to prepare impressive word documents, operate excel files and prepare and make effective power point presentations.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English
- Knowledge of Hindi and Marathi will be added advantage
- Self-motivated with dynamism and flexibility
- A team player with ability to multi-task
- Willingness to work on holidays and weekends, if required
The EA will function as the overall in charge of the various administrative functions at the office of the Dean Academic Affairs. The specific roles include (but not limited to);
- Coordinate various functions and activities of the office of the Dean Academic Affairs with Deans of Schools, Chairpersons of Centres and DDs of campuses
- Coordinate and follow up various activities with Office of the Director, Deputy Director, Registrar, Deputy Registrars and staff of Academic Section
- Coordinate meetings of committees on behalf of the Dean Academic Affairs and assist the Dean in these meetings
- Prepare data sheets, presentations (power point) and documents required from various meetings and committees
- Prepare minutes of meetings and follow up on actions emerging from the meetings
- Prepare and collate all documents related to Academic Council, Continuing Education and Development Cell, Facilitation Committee and other committees
- Prepare and collate background documents related to routine functions of Academic section
- Prepare press briefings, Social Media posts and mass media inputs
- Help academic section in managing and maintaining data related to students and academic programmes
- Attend to routine enquiries to Office of Dean Academic Affairs
- Any other work assigned by the Dean, Director or any other official from time to time.
- Rs 50,000 to 60,000 per month (commensurate with educational qualification and work experience).
- Candidates are requested to apply online through the link provided along with this advertisement on the Institute website.
- Application Fee of Rs 1000/- to be paid online. Application fee for SC/ST/PWD candidates will be Rs 250/-, if they upload the required Certificate in the Online Application Form. Woman applicants are exempted from the payment of application fee.
- Application deadline: 25 November 2021.