About the Organization
The World Bank Group works in every major area of development. We provide a wide array of financial products and technical assistance, and we help countries share and apply innovative knowledge and solutions to the challenges they face
The specialist will provide a full range of technical and operational support under the urban & electric mobility program. The specialist will be an integral member of the South Asia transport unit and the specific duties will include, but not be necessarily limited to:
- Delivering a range of written products on the Bank’s operational goals, results and knowledge on urban and electric mobility and other cross thematic areas. Outputs range from op-eds to web features, thematic reports, brochures, Q&As, briefing notes, speeches, and other advocacy material.
- Collecting, compiling, analyzing, and consolidating data and research relevant to urban and electric mobility at national, state and city level.
- Providing technical support across various cities, state departments, national ministries and think tanks as and when required by the project interventions.
- Providing support in database construction and data analytics and work with other colleagues, and across teams, on monitoring, analyzing and regular reporting.
- Developing appropriate data gathering techniques, interpret and analyze data and develop meaningful insights.
- Supporting the team through delivery of bespoke sector level research, focusing on urban and electric mobility and other cross cutting areas.
- Supporting the task teams in the delivery of ongoing and proposed new projects and analytical work.
- Participating in coordination meetings with government, development partners, and others as requested.
- Coordinating and communicating with all relevant national institutions and stakeholders.
- Supporting preparation, implementation, and documentation of training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project activities.
- Taking an active interest in policy reforms in the urban and electric mobility sector and participating in high-level discussions concerning the implementation of these reforms and the supporting role of the Bank interventions.
- Keeping abreast of key developments in relevant to urban and electric mobility as well as in cross-cutting issues: resilience, climate change, energy, road safety, gender and, public-private partnership, etc.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Post graduate degree at Masters’ level or higher in transport, or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in the relevant sector.
- Practical experience in the implementation of projects related to sustainable mobility and electric mobility, including knowledge work.
- Comprehension of typical sectoral issues in transport related to urban & electric mobility including other cross cutting areas.
- Strong analytical skills as applied to common problems in the transport sectors.
- Proven ability to function effectively as a team member of multi-disciplinary teams and to resolve conflicts constructively.
- Capacity to work simultaneously on a variety of issues and tasks, adjusting to priorities and achieving results with agreed objectives and deadlines.
- Strong client and communications skills, with proven experience in providing quality policy and project advice to national and sub-national clients, and in transferring knowledge.
- Ability to navigate effectively and stay outcome-oriented in political environments and multi-stakeholder settings.
- Practical experience in advising senior technical staff and decision makers in public administration.
- Proven competencies in identifying and implementing capacity development measures.
- Publications in transport/urban/infrastructure journals or specialized magazines would be a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Prior experience of working in bi-lateral and/or multilateral development banks (MDB) or MDB financed project desirable.