About the Fellowship
Under this experiential learning fellowship by Ashoka University, 30+ young individuals are placed at the State Head Quarters (Chandigarh) and across 22 districts of Punjab, to bring about reforms in governance and improvement in project implementation while gaining considerable training and exposure.
The fellows will work closely with the assigned department or district under the supervision of the Lead Governance to support with implementation, collaborations, research, data analysis as well as documentation. The fellows will also gather for cross-learning sessions to discuss challenges, synthesize learnings, and ideate to work more efficiently. Through the course of the fellowship, fellows will have an opportunity to learn from senior bureaucrats and decision-makers in the State Government.
- Stipend: INR 8,00,000 per annum
- Location: Punjab(across 22 districts)
- Fellowship Period: August 2021 – July 2022
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Fellows will get an opportunity to work in the assigned district/department while receiving training, mentorship and support for professional development from government officers and the programme team at Ashoka University.
- Work closely with the Department Administrative Secretary/Directorate/ Deputy Commissioner and other officials to drive development initiatives at the State/District level.
- Ensure smooth execution of flagship government programmes and process re-engineer existing initiatives.
- Facilitate coordination and dialogue between various external and internal stakeholders for inter-sectoral convergence and implementation.
- Assess and evaluate the ground situation of the various programs/schemes.
- Conceptualize projects to address developmental problems.
- Prepare and share regular progress monthly updates with the Department of Governance Reforms and the Programme team.
- Research and documentation of best practices and innovations in governance.
Required Education and Professional Experience
- Completed post-graduation + 2 years of experience OR have at least 3 years of work experience after graduation.
- Proficient in both Hindi and English, with the ability to read and write in both.
- Not more than 30 years of age as on 1st July 2021.
- Hold an Indian citizenship.
- NOTE: Internships will not be counted as work experience.Only full time fellowships- for eg. YIF or Gandhi fellowship can be considered as work experience.
Key Learnings as a Fellow:
- Deep understanding of nuances of public administration.
- Experience of working on policies related to social welfare and economic development.
- Work experience in stakeholder management through the implementation of government policies and schemes.
- Develop leadership skills and effective decision making.
- In-depth knowledge of a relevant topic of their choice.
- Connection to a broad network of development institutions and actors.
Qualities We Look For:
- Prior experience in the policy and development sector, policy analysis/research and formulation is preferred.
- Previous experience and knowledge of data analysis skills is strongly preferred.
- Track record of initiative-taking and successful leadership roles.
- Willing to travel and stay anywhere in Punjab as per the needs of the program.
- Good analytical and writing skills are highly preferred.
- Application deadline: 17th May, 2021.
- Personal Interviews will be conducted in June 2021.
- Final Results will be announced by the end of June 2021.
- P.S. – In case you don’t hear from us, please check your spam folder.
How to Apply
- For the Official Notification and Application, Click HERE
- First Deadline to Apply: May 17, 2021
- Opportunity Cell will be conducting a Webinar with District Development Fellows, Govt. of Punjab so that aspirants can learn more about this program. Register for it Webinar by Clicking Here
Related Jobs & Fellowships
- Interested in the field of Public Policy, check out the Internship and Job Opportunities available HERE
- Job Post:PMU at Ministry of Social Justice [Fresh Graduate’s, Rs.75K/pm]:Apply by 30 May 2021