At the Skoll Foundation, we’re dedicated to catalyzing transformative social change by investing in, connecting, and advocating for social entrepreneurs and other innovators who are driving bold and equitable solutions to the world’s most urgent problems. Founded by Jeff Skoll, the first employee and President of eBay, our mission is to create a sustainable world of peace and prosperity for all. Part of the Jeff Skoll Group, which includes Participant (formerly known as Participant Media) and the Capricorn Investment Group, we’re committed to making a lasting impact.
As we tackle global challenges such as pandemics, racial justice, climate change, effective governance, and inclusive economies, we’re seeking a Director of Marketing & Communications. Reporting to the Vice President of Connect & Champion, you’ll play a pivotal role in amplifying our impact through strategic marketing, communications, storytelling, and audience-building initiatives. You’ll collaborate across teams, leveraging our platforms and thought leadership to enhance our influence and support our community of Awardees and grantees.
- Develop and oversee strategies for marketing, communications, audience engagement, and distribution to advance our objectives.
- Enhance visibility of the Foundation and its work, leading thought leadership and branding initiatives.
- Support communication and audience development goals of Skoll Awardees, grantees, and partners.
- Manage the Public Engagement and Communications team.
Qualifications & Abilities:
- Strong project management skills, including planning, prioritization, and execution.
- Technical marketing skills, including audience segmentation and activation for campaigns.
- Excellent editorial and communication skills, able to convey complex concepts in accessible language.
- Ability to innovate, collaborate across diverse perspectives, and work sensitively across communities.
- Proficiency in technical/design tools such as website CMS, Microsoft Office, design software (bonus), Salesforce, and project management systems.
Experience & Education:
- 7-10 years of marketing/communications experience, with 3-5 years in a leadership role.
- Bachelor’s/advanced degree in marketing/communications or related field (preferred).
- Experience in inter-team coordination and collaboration.
- International experience in the social change sector (a plus).
- Salary ranges between $116,102 and $174,152 per year based on experience. Variations apply for candidates outside Palo Alto, California.