D-Prize invites applications for its various challenges for Social Entrepreneurs for the year 2021. Prizes are up to ₹15L.
Applications are now invited from young and creative social entrepreneurs for the D-Prize Challenge 2021. The D-Prize supports new entrepreneurs who can distribute proven poverty interventions.
The world has already invented products and services to end poverty. Yet millions of people still don’t have access. The D-Prize aims to award the most promising teams to launch a pilot version of your new organization where extreme poverty exists.
- Health Access: Under this, we have multiple challenges such as Self-Injectable Contraceptive Challenge, Oxygen Challenge, Patient Identification Challenge, Maternal Health Challenge, Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision Challenge, Prevention Of Mother-To-Child Transmission Challenge, Child Immunisation Challenge, Sugar Daddy Awareness Challenge.
- Clean Water: Can you install and promote community chlorine dispensers to increase access to clean water?
- Education: Can you teach basic reading and mathematics skills to primary school students in a resource-limited classroom?
- Agriculture: Can you provide smallholder farmers high-quality inputs and training proven to increase their harvests? Can you provide smallholder farmers post-harvest loans and storage technology proven to increase their incomes? We have multiple challenges under Agriculture as well.
- Livelihoods: Can you provide business coaching, capital, and social support to lift people out of ultra poverty?
- Energy: Can you sell pico solar lamps to rural or slum-dwelling households without regular access to electricity?
- Public Services: Public services in developing countries are rife with corruption. Public reporting and scorecards create real accountability. Can you monitor and report data to reduce corruption and improve public service?
- Custom: Propose your own challenge! If you know of another proven intervention in need of greater distribution, D-Prize would like to hear it. The only requirements are to choose an already proven poverty solution that is in need of distribution to more people in the developing world.
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background.
- They will consider funding existing organizations only if: you are piloting a new distribution-focused initiative, and you need high-risk capital.
- Round 1: Submit your concept note and resume(s). D-Prize generally receives 1700 submissions per competition.
- Round 2:Top 5% of entrepreneurs are invited to submit a full proposal. You will have two weeks to draft and submit.
- Final Round:Top entrepreneurs interview via phone and email. The top 1% will receive up to $20,000 to launch.
- Launch: You will spend the next three months using your talent to start a venture that can grow and help millions of people.
- The Global Competition launches on April 5, 2021.
- Early Submission Deadline: May 16, 2021 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Regular Submission Deadline: June 6, 2021 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Extension Deadline (limited to 200 people who register): June 27, 2021 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- The most promising teams will be awarded up to 20,000 USD (15L INR) to launch a pilot version of their new organisation wherever extreme poverty exists.
How to Apply?
- To apply online for anyone of the above challenges, click here.
- For the Official Notification,Click HERE
- Email: help[at]d-prize.org