About the Organisation
The Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a Japanese multinational pharmaceutical company, with partial American and British roots. It is the largest pharmaceutical company in Asia and one of the top 20 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world by revenue.
- This position serves as the primary Communication lead for creating and implementing country wide communication strategies, materials, including executive leadership and commercial / product communication, strategic internal communication, external media participation, and interactions with public officials and patient associations to shape policies with the broader external stakeholders.
- It is also responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining the strategic link between businesses needs and activities in the country.
- This position also serves to manage and execute the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy and initiatives to maintain an excellent corporate reputation.
- He/she establishes, develops, and maintains the strategic link between business needs and communication activities in the country.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Creating, implementing, and executing the strategic communication strategy, aligned with Takeda’s priorities, associated message platforms, and planning for key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring that communications, policy shaping strategy and activities conform to corporate vision, mission, values, and business strategy
- Provide strategic direction to in-market teams in the creation and execution of public affairs, advocacy and communication engagement and/or direct local teams, as needed.
- Amplify Takeda’s branding initiatives to support company’s growth and ensure consistency in the positioning of the Company’s corporate image building.
- Managing positioning and participation in public relations and communication programs for business initiatives, product launches, business development and partnership communications, crisis communication and corporate sponsorships
- Build/enhance capabilities, conduct training, coach and mentor local teams engaged in policy shaping advocacy, and corporate reputation; ensure adequate external support
- Drive and manage the PR relations strategy and plans and relationships with agencies for ongoing communications, campaigns, and upcoming product launches.
- Advising GM about appropriate internal and external executive communication and public affairs activity participation and creating associated materials for speaking events, external board participation and media interviews. Prepare monthly country GM message, townhalls and support other key Functional Heads when needed.
- Be an advisor for HR Communications activities such as organizational announcements, employee engagement surveys, change management and employee branding to ensure ‘employee-centric’ communications across a range of channels, ensuring clarity and consistency of messages while promoting understanding and adoption of PTRB.
- Managing relevant media relations and ensure spokesperson readiness
- Leading the process of continuous learning on communication, Public Affairs and Patient Advocacy systems and tools as appropriate.
- Manage execution of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy, programs, and practices aligned with Sustainable Development Goals.
- Proactively track metrics and measurement Reputation and Risk Management; and identify issues/crises that may have an impact on Takeda’s reputation; take proactive steps to mitigate any risks
% of Time
- 50% – External communications
- 30% – Internal communications and events including crisis management and capability building
- 20% – CSR
Education and Experience Requirements
- A university degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations (PR), Journalism or Public Policy
- 10+ years of progressive experience in communication/PR in a multi-national, matrixed environment in the health sector, ideally with the pharma industry
- Deep understanding of the country’s political landscape and macro and microenvironment in health care.
- Experience in planning and implementation of strategic communications strategies and policies aligned with advocacy initiatives.
- Versed in managing media relations, public relations and government relations.
- Strong experience in the creation of communication plans (strategic and long-term plans) and content writing expertise relevant and aligned with business needs and Takeda tonality
- Understanding of Sustainable Development Goals.
- Experience in designing, implementing and measuring Corporate Social Responsibility strategy and program aligned with MDGs/SDGs.
- Relationship management experience with a commitment to providing exceptional levels of contribution to both internal and external partners.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Outgoing person, capable of networking very well across multiple functions and key opinion leaders in the market, a professional who demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong people skills and the ability to communicate with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Strategic planning and results-oriented execution are needed.
- Ability to manage and influence without authority.
- Ability to deliver in high pressure situations and with short deadlines.
- Strong ethics and integrity
- Ability to negotiate and form consensus among various parties.
Complexity and Problem Solving
- High caliber to breakdown complex issues in simple, transparent, and effective communication strategies and execution
- The incumbent should be highly comfortable in collaborating across leadership levels to deliver on communications and CSR outcomes
How to Apply
- CLICK HERE for the Official Notification
Looking for similar opportunities, join Opportunity Cell on WhatsApp or Telegram here.