About the University
Founded in 1920,Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT)with science, engineering, and research as its core, encompassing management and liberal arts, economy, and law, is now developing into an open, multi-disciplinary, and world-class university.
Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) was established in 1920 in Harbin, Heilongjiang, China. In 1954, HIT became one of China’s first six leading universities.
HIT offers 107 undergraduate, 41 master’s, and 30 doctoral degree programs for its 55,000-plus students which are taught by over 4,000 full-time academic staff.
Together with the Weihai campus and Shenzhen campus, HIT forms the pattern of “One University, Three Campuses.” HIT is steadily moving towards the goal of becoming a world-class university.
- Founding member of the C9 League (a group of China’s top universities)
- Top 5 Global Universities for Engineering in 2023 U.S. NEWS Ranking
- Double First-Class University (only 36 Class A universities in China)
Scholarship will Coverage:
- Tuition fees.
- University dormitory.
- Stipend: No stipend is issued before arrival at the university.
- Master’s degree students: CNY 3,000 per month.
- Doctoral degree students: CNY 3,500 per month.
- Comprehensive medical insurance: CNY 800/ year.
- Be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China and be in good health both mentally and physically.
- A bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for a master’s degree program.
- Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for a doctoral degree program.
- Have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level-4 when applying for a Chinese-taught master’s or doctoral degree program.
- Hold minimum requirements set by HIT in academic ability, language proficiency, and other relevant criteria.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
How to Apply
- Submit all application documents before the deadline.
- Receive the confirmation E-mail from the Office of International Students Admission of HIT.
- The admission officer will follow-up on the application via email. Please check the email frequently.
- Response averages within 24 hours (can be delayed depending due to high number of emails). Please be patient if they don’t respond in time.
All application documents in other languages must be notarized by the official notary office in English or Chinese.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
- Scholarship Type: B
- University Code: 10213
- Passport home page. The passport needs to be valid until September 2023
- Highest diploma
- Academic transcripts. Copies of academic records should be from the undergraduate program onwards
- Language qualification certificates.
- IELTS at least 6.0, TOEFL at least 80 or other equivalent English language proficiency certificates
- A study plan (more than 1,000 words). The study plan of a doctoral degree applicant shall be approved and signed by the applicant’s Chinese supervisor. The template can be downloaded at http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/post/index/459.
- Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors.
- A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (valid within six months). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid