About CM Urban Leaders Fellowship (CMULF)
The Chief Minister’s Urban Leaders Fellowship (CMULF) programme provides a unique opportunity to young leaders across India to work within the Delhi government to address some of the most pressing urban challenges in India, and experience what ‘making change happen’ looks like.
The Fellowship aims to attract outstanding young Indians from across the country under the age of 35 years who are passionate about public service and are willing to work for two years with Delhi Government.
Total number of Seats
- A total of 23 positions (17 Fellows and 6 Associate Fellows) are available in the 2021-23 batch of CMULF programme.
- The Fellowship program will last for two years and will consist of the following components:
- Induction Training
- Fellowship Assignment:
- Executive Coaching and Mentoring
- Performance Management
Eligibility Criteria for Fellows
- Ph.D. degree with minimum one year full-time work experience
- OR Post-Graduate with minimum 60% of marks (or equivalent CGPA) with minimum 3 years full-time work experience.
- Professionals such as MBBS, LLB etc. with minimum 5 year course of study after 12th class considered as “Post-Graduate”
- OR Professionals like Chartered Accountants, Architects, Company Secretaries etc. who are registered with their respective professional bodies are eligible to apply for Fellows if they have minimum 3 years of post-registration work experience.
- OR Graduate with minimum 60% of marks (or equivalent CGPA) with minimum 5 years full-time work experience.
Eligibility Criteria for Associate Fellows
- Post-Graduate with minimum 60% of marks (or equivalent CGPA).
- Professionals such as MBBS, LLB etc. with minimum 5 year course of study after 12th class considered as “Post Graduate”.
- OR Graduate with minimum 60% of marks (or equivalent CGPA) with minimum one year full-time work experience
- OR Professionals like Chartered Accountants, Architects, Company Secretaries etc. who are registered with their respective professional bodies shall be eligible to apply for Associate Fellows if they have minimum one year of post-registration work experience.
- Note: Freshers are Eligible for this position.
- Remuneration of ₹1,25,000 per month will be provided to Fellows and ₹75,000 per month will be provided to Associate Fellows.
- In addition, a one-time grant of Rs 35,000 shall be provided at the beginning of the Fellowship in lieu of Computer/Laptop purchase.
- There will be a two-stage selection process to comprehensively assess the qualities of incoming candidates:
- Online Application: The first round of shortlisting will be done based on academic and professional qualifications of the applicants, and their responses to personal statement questions in the online application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview round.
- Interview: The final round will consist of a face-to-face interview with a panel comprising officials from the Government of NCT of Delhi, and experts from academia and civil society. Candidates will be interviewed either in-person in Delhi (preferred) or through video conferencing.
Timelines for 2021 CMULF Application
|9th August 2021||Application Deadline|
|20th August 2021*||Announcement of First Shortlist|
|Last week of August*||Interviews|
|First week of September*||Announcement of Final List|
|October 2021*||2021 Fellowship programme begins|
*Dates given are tentative and are subject to change
How to Apply
- Click HERE, to visit the Official Website.
- Click HERE, to apply for the Chief Minister’s Urban Leaders Fellowship.