Centre for Learning Resources (CLR) is a renowned Indian non-profit organization focusing on early childhood development and education for first-generation learners. We are hiring a Project Associate for the Nashik District Transformation Project. Join us to make a positive impact on over 2.5 lakh students in 3,500 Zilla Parishad Schools. Apply now!
Centre for Learning Resources (CLR) is a pioneering non-profit educational institution under the Society for Educational Improvement and Innovation. Founded by Dr. John Kurrien and Ms. Zakiya Kurrien in Pune, CLR has been actively working since 1984 in early childhood care and development (ECCD), Foundational Literacy Numeracy (FLN), and English language education for first-generation learners (EFL). We have extended our support to numerous government organizations and NGOs across India, including Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Uttarakhand, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh, and Rajasthan. Additionally, we have engaged in offshore projects in Indonesia and Nepal.
About the Opportunity:
- Position: Project Associate – Nashik District Transformation Project
- Location: Nashik
- Reporting to: Project Manager
About the Project:
CLR is spearheading the ‘District Transformation Project’ in Nashik district, located in northern Maharashtra. The project aims to enhance learning outcomes for over 2.5 lakh students in 3,500 Zilla Parishad Schools in Nashik. We are seeking an experienced and proactive team member with a strong background in collaborating with governments and functioning effectively as part of a team. Excellent communication skills and stakeholder engagement are essential for seamless project operations in Nashik.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Planning and Execution (60%):
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to design the overall project strategy.
- Develop interventions aligned with government needs and CLR’s project design in coordination with government stakeholders.
- Facilitate the development of government teachers and teacher mentors according to the plan.
- Execute the project strategy in conjunction with government stakeholders at the Blocks, Zilla Parishad, and DIET, Nashik.
Stakeholder Management (20%):
- Engage with government stakeholders such as Kendra Pramukhs, Extension Officers, Block Education Officers, District Education Officer of Nashik Zilla Parishad, Lecturers, and Principal of Nashik DIET.
- Foster long-lasting relationships with CRGs (Cluster Resource Groups) and Block Resource Persons to support project operations and expansion plans.
- Collaborate with teachers and teacher mentors to implement the project and promote their professional development.
- Organize quarterly update meetings with stakeholders and provide progress reports towards project goals.
- Analyze field data and generate reports for stakeholders, funders, and internal documentation.
- Create process documents, best practice documents, and communication materials required for engaging with government stakeholders.
Monitoring & Evaluation (10%):
- Implement tools to measure the effectiveness of ongoing projects.
- Analyze data to provide ongoing insights to internal and external teams.
- Support in data analysis and compiling project impact reports.
- Assist the M&E team in implementing tools linked to created content as per requirements.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in planning and executing projects.
- Experience working with government stakeholders in Maharashtra is preferred.
- Experience in designing and conducting training is a must.
- Background in the education sector, either through education or practical experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Capabilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with proficiency in Marathi being highly desirable.
- Strong facilitation skills for engaging meetings and training sessions with government stakeholders.
- Proficiency in creating outstanding presentations, using Microsoft Excel, Google Suite, and handling various data sets.
- Strong belief in the potential of the public sector to drive positive change and ensure better outcomes for all citizens.
- Basic understanding of social equity, development discourse, and education policy in India.
- Proactive and able to work autonomously in a semi-structured environment.
- Adaptable to changing responsibilities and resourceful in responding to challenges.
- Openness to continuous learning and the ability to build and sustain relationships with multiple stakeholders.
Location and Compensation:
- Location: Nashik, with frequent travel across the district.
- Compensation: The individual will receive a competitive compensation package in line with non-profit sector benchmarks, based on prior experience and qualifications.
How to Apply:
- CLICK HERE to visit the official website and apply for the Job.
- Join the Groups of Opportunity Cell to receive updates on various job opportunities: Join Opportunity Cell.
- For any queries, mentoring, or career advice sessions, book a consultation here: Book Consultation.
Join us at CLR to be part of a dynamic learning team and make a lasting impact on the lives of thousands of students in Nashik.