Submissions are invited for ideas and suggestions to develop a robust Tribal Economy by MyGov for the year 2021. The last date of submission is 31 March.
Tribal development forms the foundation for the economic growth of a nation which carries with it a substantial portion of the tribal population. Supporting the native tradition is the key to building a strong community and a healthy economy. With 8% of the population of India belonging to the Scheduled Tribe it becomes critical for the government to safeguard their interest and promote their livelihood.
TRIFED the Government of India established organization, supported by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs has been a security net for the tribes across the nation for over 30 years now. It has taken several initiatives for socio-economic welfare and empowerment of tribal communities through capability building, marketing, distribution, packaging, and other supporting activities.
- Dwelling in the Natural Habitat they carry a wealth of knowledge in plants, forest produces as well as ancient herbs, which is tantamount to that of an expert. With efficient support, this can be developed further to generate significant income for the community
- There has been an increase in the rate of unemployment among schedule tribes in the past few years owing to the lack of connection to the mainstream market
- Despite having been given reservations by the central government, residing in rural areas have posed difficulty for them in making the most of the benefits offered
- Members of the tribal community have made noteworthy contributions to the nation right from our struggle for freedom to the field of Healthcare, Education, and Technology. This shows that the community holds the potential to thrive under proper guidance
Taking the aforesaid points into consideration, TRIFED has committed itself to ensuring the all-around welfare of the Indian tribes. This is not limited to just inculcating entrepreneurial skills among them or having built an exclusive brand “Tribes India” for them but extends to establishing Van DhanKendras, providing awareness about vaccination for Covid, providing vocational training, and organizing Trade Fairs on a massive scale.
The recent decision to observe the 15th November-the birth anniversary of tribal icon BirsaMunda as “Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas” is praiseworthy and TRIFED would unveil The National Tribal Festival “Aadi Mahotsav” on the following day to commemorate it. This festival is not only a platform for thmygove tribal artisans to showcase their valuable skills but the revenue that it generates for the community is of utmost significance.
- interested candidates can submit suggestions via this page.
- The last date to share your ideas and suggestions is 31st March 2022.