Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Ban Ki-Moon Scholarship 2022 for Masters Study at MCI Management Center, Austria.
About the Ban Ki-Moon Scholarship 2022
Supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) is a joint mission of the 8th UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and MCI | The Entrepreneurial School.
This scholarship under the patronage of Excellency Ban Ki-moon allows students engaged in the SDGs to study and develop at a prestigious university in Europe.
The scholarship is applicable for the first year of the respective master’s program. The scholarship may be extended to the second year of the master‘s program upon positive evaluation and successful completion of the first year.
- Corporate Governance & Finance (online)
- Entrepreneurship & Tourism
- Environmental, Process & Energy Engineering (full-time)
- European Health Economics & Management
- International Business & Law
- International Business & Management
- International Health & Social Management
- Management, Communication & IT
- Mechatronics & Smart Technologies (full-time)
- Medical Technologies
Executive Masters Programs
- Digital Business MBA
- Executive MBA
- Digital Economy & Leadership MSC (online)
- Digital Marketing & Analytics MSC (online)
- Management & Leadership MSC
- For all masters’ programs: Nationals of Non-EU countries
- For all Executive masters’ programs: All nationals
- Students who have been engaged and committed to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and aim to further engage with and promote these goals during their studies.
- Available for freshers who are required to pay the current annual tuition fee.
- A one-off scholarship of up to 10,000 EUR to cover (part of) the current annual tuition fee.
- Scholarship amount will offset the corresponding amount of the tuition fees for the first academic year; it cannot be used to cover any other expenses like travel, accommodation, etc.
Applications will be selected based on the following criteria:
Current (or past) commitment to the SDGs
- Degree and nature of engagement / commitment
- Evidence provided
- Impact achieved
Future commitment to the SDGs
- Feasibility of the defined goals
- Match and congruence of applicant’s SDG focus and chosen MCI degree
- Potential impact of applicants´ goals
Applications will be evaluated in a two-stage process involving a pre-selection round and an interview with shortlisted candidates.
The final decision is made based on the following weighting:
- 50% submitted documents
- 50% interview with the jury
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
- Submitted admission application to the respective MCI study program.
- A statement (approximately 500 words) that recounts the applicant’s current (or past) commitment to one or several SDGs including reference to concrete evidence / documentation.
- A motivation letter describing the applicant’s future goals supportin the SDG(s) and explaining how their studies at the MCI will help them achieve these aims. The motivation letter should also explain how applicants would benefit from the awarded scholarship (financial aspects).
- Language proficiency
- Passport copy
- March 31, 2022
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +43 512 2070 1600