The Atlas Corps Fellowship is a 12-18 month Fellowship in the United States and online for the world’s top social change leaders. Fellows serve full-time at Host Organizations to develop leadership skills and learn effective practices through the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab professional development series and networking opportunities with other Fellows.
The Fellowship allows participants to engage in group cultural activities like a D.C. Monuments Tour, sporting events, U.S. holiday celebrations, and more.
Atlas Corps sponsors the J-1 Trainee visa and covers most visa expenses. Atlas Corps also provides each Fellow with a living stipend to cover basic expenses (food, local transportation, and shared housing), a monthly phone plan, emergency health and travel insurance, and round-trip international airfare.
Eligibility for the Atlas Corps Fellowship
- Two or more years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- English proficiency (oral, writing, reading)
- Age 35 or younger
- Apply to serve in a country other than where you are from (U.S. citizens are not eligible for the U.S. Fellowship)
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-18 month Fellowship
- Commitment to living on a basic stipend that only covers food, shared housing, and local transportation
What does the Fellowship provide?
- Program-related international travel
- Program-related domestic travel
- Basic health insurance that covers new injuries and illnesses
- Monthly stipend for basic living expenses (shared housing, food, local transportation, and a phone plan)
- Documentation (DS-2019) that enables the Fellow to obtain a J-1 visa.
- Placement at a Host Organization
- Participation in the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab (leadership development training series).
Atlas Corps considers applications on a rolling basis, though we encourage you to apply as soon as possible to be considered for Host Organization placements. The application is a multi-step process.
- Application & Selection Board Review
- Selection Board Interview
- Host Organization Review
- Host Organization Interview
- Selection and Visa Process
- Atlas Corps receives hundreds of applications each month. Each of the steps listed above may take approximately 1-3 months. The vetting process may take several months to complete. We prioritize applications that may be best suited to our available Host Organization Placements. Applicants will advance at different rates.
- We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible to initiate the review process. You may apply at any time, so please do not wait for any deadlines. If you are accepted to the Fellowship, there may be a quick turnaround time between your acceptance and the beginning of the Fellowship.
How to Apply
- Applicants are required to register for an account and save their login information through the online application system
- For More details, click here.
Looking for fellowship opportunities, Join Opportunity Cell WhatsApp Group’s here.