About the Organisation
Bhumi is one of India’s largest independent youth volunteer non-profit organisations. Bhumi as a platform enables over 12,000 volunteers in more than 12 cities across India for causes such as education, environment, animals and community welfare. Geographical Presence: Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Telangana, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Chandigarh and Delhi NCR.
Bhumi has two core areas of work – Education and Civic Projects Ignite: Transformational Education Ignite is Bhumi’s supplementary education programme for under-privileged children. The programme is delivered during the weekends by over 2,000 trained Bhumi volunteers. Over 10,000 children are benefiting from the programme in 2015 across 12 Indian cities with the aim of providing children with quality education to enable them become responsible and productive citizens of the future.
The Bhumi Fellowship aims to create young changemakers in education.
Integrating whole school transformation is at the heart of the Bhumi Fellowship. Fellows assist teachers, school officials, and parents in supporting the holistic development of children.
In the next decade, we aim to impact the lives of one million children through the Bhumi Fellowship.
This person will oversee the fellowship program’s overall strategy and execution.
Roles & Responsibilities: –
- Lead the development and implementation of the fellowship strategy
- Design and lead the monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Design and lead the implementation of Leadership & Development (L&D) for the fellows and the staff team
- Mentor and coach (Assistant) Program Managers towards excellent fellow and stakeholder outcomes
- Build partnerships within and outside Bhumi to strengthen the fellowship model
Preferred Education Qualification / Experience:-
- Experience of managing people / projects
- Teaching and/or content creation experience is desirable
- Any Graduate, post-graduate or fellowship
- Experience in managing/designing a fellowship would be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:-
- Good people management skills
- Clarity on the different curriculum being used in India
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Tamil.
- Ability to drive outcome-oriented plans through the team’s collective effort
- Good computer knowledge and MS Office skills.
- Emotional maturity to empathize with the perspectives/needs of team members
- Good understanding of the pedagogical aspects involved in teaching children. Good people engagement, networking and listening skills
- Highly resourceful team-player, who is also self-driven.
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Scope: Full time
- Designation: Senior Manager to Associate Director, based on candidate’s profile
- Reporting to: Director, Whole School Transformation
- Remuneration: Rs.12-15 LPA, negotiable based on candidate’s profile
- Expected Joining Date: Immediate
- Location: Chennai
How to Apply
- CLICK HERE for the Official Notification