We are looking for an individual with relevant professional experience who can play a key role towards strengthening academic affairs for the Young India Fellowship, by facilitating the creation of an optimal teaching and learning environment. This role is an excellent fit for someone who wishes to explore a career in higher education administration or academic administration in general, or particularly in programme management/stakeholder engagement and strategy.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Being responsible as the primary point of contact for faculty members and teaching staff, including serving as the representative of the YIF for all matters related to a course.
- Serving as an interface between the Faculty, Teaching Assistants (TAs) and Fellows
- Providing administrative support to faculty members in pre-course preparations.
- Coordinating and scheduling courses (and within them, classes, office hours, discussion sections, field visits, etc.), planning and managing the academic calendar, troubleshooting on attendance and class participation, and in general engaging with the faculty to ensure the course runs smoothly
- Managing the application, selection, and onboarding process for teaching assistants (TAs) as per requirements of the concerned faculty
- Administering the Academics Management System (AMS) for students and faculty
- Liaising with various departments and centres at Ashoka University on matters related to student well-being, faculty support, additional academic opportunities, and so on
- Supporting or leading the operations of various programmatic initiatives and events required for enhancing the learning experience for Fellows
- Maintaining a record of student participation in academic matters, and supporting the
- Dean’s office in assessing student requests on various counts
- Any other responsibilities that may emerge from time to time, based on the requirements of the YIF team, or the candidate’s skills/interests.
Skill Sets, Qualifications and Competencies
- Good interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively with other individuals and teams
- Interest in academics, pedagogy and student success
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion perspective
- Enjoys the challenge of working in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Mission-oriented, collaborative, entrepreneurial and attentive to detail
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized institution in any discipline
- Postgraduate credentials would be a bonus but not essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems, Excel and PowerPoint
Application Submission Process
- Please submit an updated CV and a Cover Letter at [email protected] and [email protected] with the subject line – <YIF Academics_Your Name>.
- Kindly ensure that the application includes the last compensation received, expected salary, and notice period (if applicable).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates applying after the due date will be considered only if the position is not filled by the end of August.