Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University Ashton Award for Student Research.
About the Awards
The Ashton Award for Student Research supports investigations by graduate and advanced undergraduate students working on Asian tropical forest biology.
Awards are granted through a competitive review process. Selection of the recipient(s) will be based on the educational background of the student and their readiness to conduct the proposed research; the quality of the proposed research; and the relevance of the proposed research to the mission of the Arnold Arboretum.
- Cover letter.
- Research statement. The statement should be 1 to 2-pages and describes your research project and how additional funding via the Ashton Award would further your research aims. Include the names of other collaborators (in addition to your advisor). References should be included but do not count as part of the page limit.
- Research budget. Applicants should submit a simple, 1-page budget that itemizes the research and travel costs associated with the proposed project.
- Project time-line. Applicants should submit a time-line of the project and anticipated start and end dates.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation. As part of the online submission, you must send a request to the two referees to submit a letter of recommendation (via the request section). The referee will be automatically sent an email with a link to an online submission form where they will upload a letter of recommendation. It is highly recommended that you contact your referee prior to sending the request. Please inform the referee to expect an email from [email protected] with instructions for submitting a recommendation letter. Each referee must upload his/her letter of recommendation via the link by February 1.
- Award available to advanced undergraduates and graduate students.
- The award is not limited to universities in the United States or to US citizens.
- Awards of up to $4,000 are granted to support student research expenses.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the program through this link.
- Application Deadline: Feb 1, 2021
- Email: [email protected]