The National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to the M.A. (English Language and Literature) program offered in the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences for the academic year 2021-2022.
About National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli (also known as NIT Trichy or NITT), formerly called Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli, is a public technical and research university near the city of Tiruchirappalli in Tamil Nadu, India. Founded in 1964, it is one of India’s oldest technical universities.
- Candidates seeking admission to the M.A. degree program shall have First class (60% or above of aggregate marks or 6.5 CGPA) in B.A. in English Literature/ ELT/ linguistics from any recognized university/ college.
- SC/ ST/ PwD candidates seeking admission to the M.A. degree program shall have 55% or above (6.0 CGPA) in B.A. in English literature/ ELT/ linguistics from any recognized university/ college.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of the Bachelor’s degree program may also apply. Provisional admission is permitted for such candidates, provided their final marks are made available on or before 30th July 2021.
- Conversion from CGPA to a percentage or vice versa given by individual institutes will not be considered/ allowed.
- Any candidate admitted provisionally shall produce the provisional/ degree certificate and all mark lists in original on or before 30th July 2021. Else, their admission shall stand canceled automatically. For such candidates refund of the fee will be made as per the norms applicable to the institute.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their eligibility criteria. The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- The selection of candidates will be based on an online personal interview conducted by a panel of members and competent authority.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be intimated through mail well before the date of the interview.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- The registration fee is Rs.500/- for GEN/ GEN-EWS/ OBC and Rs.200/- for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates. The payment should be made only through State Bank i-collect mode. The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Last date to apply online is April 30, 2021.
- For Official Notification, Click Here
- Email ID: [email protected]