Seize the opportunity to empower your future with the AAUW International Fellowship 2024. This prestigious fellowship is designed for women pursuing post-graduate, master’s, or post-doctoral studies. If you’re not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and plan to return to your home country to pursue a professional career, this fellowship could be your stepping stone to success.
About AAUW International Fellowship:
The AAUW International Fellowship has a legacy dating back to 1917. It offers support to women who are committed to full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the United States. These fellowships are granted to non-U.S. citizens or permanent residents who aim to make a significant impact in their home countries’ professional landscape.
- Master’s/first professional degree: $20,000
- Doctoral: $25,000
- Postdoctoral: $50,000
These funds can be utilized for educational expenses, living expenses, dependent child care, and travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars (up to 10% of the fellowship total).
- August 1, 2023: Application opens.
- November 15, 2023, by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time: Deadline for online submission of application, recommendations, and supporting documents.
- April 15, 2024: Notification of decisions emailed to all applicants.
- July 1, 2024–June 30, 2025: Fellowship year
To be eligible for an International Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the U.S.
- Hold an academic degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by the application deadline.
- Intend to devote themselves full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career upon completion of their studies.
- Proficiency in English.
- Doctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by the application deadline.
- Applications must be completed by 11:59 PM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) on the last day of the application period.
- Required documents include Curriculum Vitae (CV), Statement of Interest, and Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree.
- Applicants from developing/emerging countries or underrepresented groups in any region will receive special consideration.
- Selection criteria include academic qualifications, commitment to advancing women and girls, proposed plan of study or research, community service, financial need, motivation for graduate study, and more.
How to Apply?
- Click here to view the official notification of AAUW International Fellowship.
- CLICK HERE to Join Opportunity Cell Groups to receive updates on various opportunities!
- Book our Career Counseling & Mentoring Services to Increase your Selection Chances,BOOK NOW!