The Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) plays a vital role in auditing and accounting functions as outlined in Articles 148 to 151 of the Indian Constitution and the CAG’s DPC Act, 1971. To foster young talent and mentor future leaders, CAG initiated the ‘Young Professionals Program’ (YPP) in April 2019.
- The YPP is a 2-year program.
- Applications will be invited from premier institutions as needed.
- Eligible candidates should apply within 30 days from the announcement of requirements.
Mentoring and Assignments
- Young Professionals (YPs) will receive guidance from the respective Principal Director/Director General.
- In addition to specific projects, YPs may assist in regular office work where suitable human resources are lacking.
The primary objectives of the Young Professionals Program are:
- To engage young professionals in significant initiatives within the CAG Office and Indian Audit & Accounts Department.
- To mentor and cultivate the next generation of leaders.
- Note that the program does not guarantee employment with the CAG of India or the Indian Audit & Accounts Department.
- Graduates/Post Graduates/Research Scholars from any discipline.
- Exceptional analytical and leadership skills with an outstanding academic record.
- Demonstrated high-level leadership potential through extracurricular activities.
- Proficiency in Information Technology (IT) & Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Age limit: Not exceeding 30 years, preferably with professional experience.
- Monthly stipend: Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 50,000 (inclusive), based on qualifications and experience.
Period of Engagement
- Initially, YPs are selected for one year, with the possibility of extension up to a maximum of two years based on performance and requirements.
- YPs must sign a formal contract outlining general and department-specific conditions.
Feedback and Performance Assessment
- YPs are required to provide feedback on their program experience.
- Annual Performance Reports (APRs) will be conducted by the Head of the Functional Wing/Field Office.
Place of Work
- YPs will work at the CAG’s office in New Delhi or any field office across India.
- Application screening by the Screening Committee.
- Telephonic Interview.
- Selection Interview.
- The number of YPs selected will depend on actual requirements.
How to Apply
How to Apply?
- CLICK HERE to Visit the official website and apply!
- CLICK HERE to Join Opportunity Cell Groups to receive updates on various opportunities!
- Applications should be emailed to [email protected]; physical applications will not be accepted.
- Book our Career Counseling & Mentoring Services to Increase your Selection Chances,BOOK NOW!
Join the Young Professionals Program at CAG and embark on an exciting journey of learning and contributing to important initiatives in the field of auditing and accounting. Visit our website (www.cag.gov.in) for more information.