United to Beat Malaria, a global grassroots campaign of the UN Foundation, brings together a diverse set of partners, influencers and supporters across the U.S. and around the world to take urgent action to end malaria. For more than 15 years, United to Beat Malaria (previously known as Nothing But Nets) has helped protect more than 39 million of the world’s most vulnerable people by providing bed nets and other life-saving tools, in addition to successfully advocating for increased U.S. leadership and funding for global malaria programs.
As the Grassroots Advocacy Intern, the person in this role will support advancing global health priorities among the US public. The intern will contribute to this broader global mission by designing local engagement opportunities in support of the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. The ideal candidate has a successful track record of executing campus events and is comfortable engaging with individuals. This is a paid opportunity and offers a rate of $17/hour for individuals currently enrolled in or recently graduated from (within 8 months of graduation) an associate degree or bachelor’s degree program; and $20/hour for individuals currently enrolled in a graduate program. This position is remote.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the grassroots team in the execution of our annual Leadership Summit in Washington, DC.
- Support the grassroots team communication and follow-up with grassroots advocates.
- Conceptualize and execute campus events.
- Draft copy (social media posts, blogs, etc.) about the campaign and current advocacy initiatives.
- Support Senior Officer and Campaign Associate with the expansion of our grassroots networks by recruiting new champions in strategically located Congressional districts.
- Assist Senior Officer in facilitating the completion of advocacy requirements by champions and partnership organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or must be a recent graduate (within 8 months of graduation) of a college or university.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Must have a personal laptop computer and access to the Internet.
- Must be available to work a maximum of 29 hours per week.