About the Organization:
The United Nations Development Programme is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. The UNDP emphasizes developing local capacity towards long-term self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The intern will work under the overall guidance of the UNDP Policy Unit team to carry out the following tasks:
- Identify, study, and document development datasets available in the public domain to formulate relevant, high-quality, evidence-led strategic policy briefs, notes and presentations for UNDP and external stakeholders.
- Support ongoing Policy Unit projects through both primary and secondary research along with proper documentation in the form of reports, policy briefs, emails, concept notes among others.
- Foster an active learning environment within and outside the team on relevant policy and advocacy topics.Perform additional tasks as allocated by the supervisor.
- Strong sense of collaborative work, excellent communication and interpersonal skills;Keen attention to detail;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
- Is willing to learn from others and take initiative;
- Proactively works on tasks and delivers under given timelines.
- The candidate should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in economics, development studies, public policy, or other relevant social sciences.
- Or Candidates in the final year and about to complete master’s degree or pursuing PhD in the above academic disciplines can also apply.
- The candidate must:
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) or/and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one year of graduation.
- Or be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
How to Apply?
|FOR OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION AND TO APPLY
|Join our Telegram Channel (MUST JOIN)
|Follow us on Instagram
|Join our WhatsApp Groups