About the Organization
The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. Its five institutions share a commitment to reducing poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development.
With 189 member countries, staff from more than 170 countries, and offices in over 130 locations, the World Bank Group is a unique global partnership: five institutions working for sustainable solutions that reduce poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries.
The Unit is looking for a Senior Governance Specialist in New Delhi, India. The Specialist will be under the supervision of the Governance Practice Manager (PM) for the ESAG1 Unit and will be part of the in-country team that develops and implements ESAG1’s lending and analytical program. You will work in coordination with other ESAG1 team members based in Washington DC and the other country offices, as well as with colleagues from Procurement and other Global Practices.
The Senior Governance Specialist to lead policy and operational dialogue with country authorities in the engagements related to GovTech and digital government including:
- Core government functions (public financial management, human resource management, tax and customs, etc.);
- Service delivery (e-services, business process simplification, standards, user experience and inclusion);
- Public administration from GovTech and digital government perspective (institutional reforms, change management, whole of government coordination); and/or
- Public accountability from GovTech and digital government perspective (citizen engagement, integrity, transparency, anticorruption).
- Task team leader for specific lending or analytical tasks led by The Governance GP, or contribute, as a team member, to Governance GP led tasks;
- Contribute to multi-sector lending and ASA tasks with other GPs or regional teams.
- Provide timely and just-in-time advice (briefs, memos, presentations) on political economy issues relevant to World Bank operations in India and other countries in the region.
- Review and provide feedback on operational and strategy documents to shape their alignment with the local context.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
The selected candidate will have demonstrated significant, directly relevant, experience including:
- Specialized expertise in the areas of digital government related institutional and public sector reforms including service delivery, technology for climate and resilience, use of new technologies, and data analytics as well as public administration and institutional reforms;
- Hands on experience in government implementation of GovTech a plus
- Experience with a range of World Bank operational instruments: Development Policy, Program for Results, Investment Projects, and Trust Funds
- Demonstrated experience designing and delivering Advisory Services and Analytics
- Team leadership, coordination, coaching, mentoring of more junior staff
In addition, the following minimum education and experience criteria apply:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., digital government, public administration, public policy, international development, engineering, economics, finance, law)
- 8 years of relevant professional experience
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English language is necessary.
- Strong analytical capabilities and planning, organization, and time management skills.
- Experience across multiple countries
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; ability to listen carefully and provide sound advice in a constructive manner; ability and readiness to stand firm on difficult and sensitive issues; ability to convey ideas and positions clearly and tactfully to staff and managers at all levels.
- Strong team player, willing to collaborate closely with colleagues and across boundaries; ability to operate effectively in a decentralized, matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and adapt, and flexibility in responding to unexpected needs and demands
How to Apply
|For Official Notification & To Apply
|Join our Telegram Channel
|Follow us on Instagram
|Join our WhatsApp Groups