About the Institute
Tata Institute of Social Sciences is a multi-campus public research university in India. It is Asia’s oldest institute for professional social work education and was founded in 1936 in then Bombay Presidency of British India as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work by the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust.
About the Recruitment
TISS Hyderabad invites applications for non-faculty position under CLIx project of the Centre. Non-faculty appointment will be on contract basis till 31st March 2021, which may be extended for one more year based on performance, review and need of the project.
- Educational Qualification: Post-graduates in Education/ Development Studies/ Social Work/ Social Entrepreneurship or equivalent from recognized institutions.
- Experience:4 years for Post-graduation and 2 years for MPhil/ Ph.D. Working with field teams involving coordination etc, preferably in school education. Project management and execution. Education Technology
- Skills & Competencies: Knowledge of field issues in education and familiarity with technology use in education. Project management and Ability to support field teams and partners. Written and verbal skills in English. Fluency in Telugu speaking is must, Telugu reading and writing will be of additional advantage. Self-motivation and ability to multi-task and deal with stressful situations. Ability to undertake extensive field travel and for extended periods of time. Knowledge and familiarity with technology and education technology and large-scale reform.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Engage with Education Technology-based initiative for government schools and teacher professional development
- Work closely with the Implementation leads and coordinate with other groups of the project to plan, manage, execute, monitor, report and document and support the process of field implementation
- Research and documentation on various themes of field intervention
- Liase with government departments for implementation, expansion, collaborations
- Co-ordinate/ organizing orientations/programs, as necessary
- Take up capacity building or teaching or other assignments as may be decided by the project lead.
- Gross annual remuneration in the range of Rs.5 to 6 lakhs (starting 40,000 per month).
- Last date of Receipt of Application: 4th October 2020
- Interview: The eligible candidates will be communicated by e-mail and mobile phone to appear for the online interview to be held between the second week of October 2020.
How to apply?
- Interested candidates are requested to email their resume to vishal.kshirsagar[at]tiss.edu mentioning subject line as “Application for the Field Action Research fellow/Senior Field Action Research Fellow position”.
- For the Official Notification, Click Here