The Special Cell for Women and Children, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai invites applications for the posts of Social workers (Full Time).
Police Station Chya Awarat Mahila Samupdeshan Kendra (Mahila va Mulankarita Sahaya Kaksh/ Special Cell for Women and Children) is a grants-in-aid program of the Government of Maharashtra, partially implemented by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences in Maharashtra. It is an initiative of providing quality psycho-social-legal services to women survivors of violence, by placing trained social workers located in the Police system, with a clear understanding that violence against women is a crime and it is the responsibility of the State to prevent and counter the same.
- A total of 4 positions for social workers (preferably having prior direct intervention work experience), is required at present for full-time work at the Special Cell for Women and children in Mumbai and Dhule Dist. TISS hereby issues this advertisement for said 3 positions of social workers in Mumbai and 1 for Dhule as authorized by State Government, for the selection of a suitable candidate for the same.
- Individual and group interventions to end violence against women – incl. Social casework processes, empowerment & behavioral change-facilitation, referrals and pre-& during litigation support to women & children survivors of violence and their families, and engaging with men (respondents/ perpetrators of violence) and with NGO & Governmental Departmental representatives (incl. Police) in violated women & children’s best interests (i.e. facilitating multi-agency coordinated response).
- Planning, awareness-building w.r.t. the program and capacity-building of stakeholders of Special Cells for Women program across the allotted district in which the Special Cell is functional.
- Networking & advocacy on issues of violence against women & girls, and intervention in situations of violence as experienced and reported by women, with NGOs & Governmental Departments.
- Writing, editing reports & compiling data extensively for purposes of program documentation, official record, etc.
- Periodic travel across the allotted district, and occasionally across Maharashtra as per program requirements of training, exposure fieldwork, campaigns, regional meetings, etc.
- The candidate must have a post-graduate qualification in social work (M.A. in Social Work/ MSW) from Central/ Deemed/ State-Recognised University.
- Candidate should have knowledge of issues of gender & violence against women and interventions in the district and State, and prior experience in direct casework and/ or intervention work on women’s issues at the grassroots level.
- Candidate must demonstrate a willingness to travel, as and when required within Maharashtra as per program requirements.
- Verbal and written fluency in Marathi and local languages/ dialects is essential, and working knowledge of English & Hindi and comfort with the use of computers & the Internet is also desirable.
- INR 15,000/- per month for Mumbai and INR 12,000/-for Dhule.
- The program’s service provision process requires that each Special Cell must have 2 social workers to respond to violated women’s own preferences & needs, and no less than one woman/ female social worker per Cell.
- Maharashtra-based candidates possessing necessary educational qualification & prior experience of 2 years in the social development sector below will be given preference.
How to Apply?
- The last day for receipt of applications is the 31st October 2020, which must be sent preferably vide email to [email protected]
- For Full Notification, Click Here
- Application sent by e-mail must contain curriculum vitae/ resumes mentioning the following:
- Full educational qualifications and institutions from which formal degrees were obtained from;
- All full-time work placements completed along with date-wise duration, employing organization’s name and address;
- applicant’s e-mail contact details;
- scanned copy of the applicant’s Masters/ MA/ MSW degree certificates.
- Applicants must clearly state for the District for which they are applying.
Incase of Queries, Contact:
- Email ID: [email protected]