About Rise Against Hunger India
Rise Against Hunger India (RAHI), a registered public trust, is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. The organization aims to end hunger by 2030 by providing food and life-changing aid to the world’s most vulnerable and creating a global commitment to mobilize the necessary resources. RAHI undertakes programs that are aimed at eliminating chronic hunger and malnutrition through sustainable community development through four pathways:
- Nourishing Lives
- Responding to Emergencies
- Empowering Communities
- Growing the Movement
The Project Coordinator (Livelihoods) works as a field professional of the Rise Against Hunger India Cluster Office and provides technical and programmatic support for implementation of programs at the Cluster level.
Roles and Responsibility:
- Work in close collaboration and under overall technical supervision of the Program Manager for the region and the Head Office Program Department in developing Cluster-based plans for Livelihoods programs.
- Conduct Livelihoods Rapid Needs Assessment in the Cluster
- Develop design plans, working drawings, technical specifications for items required for Livelihoods project in the Cluster
- Prepare specifications and documents for the procurement of Livelihoods related supplies
- Coordinate, manage resources and implement Livelihoods projects in the Cluster
- Provide supervision and technical assistance to field level Community Animators in program villages for Livelihoods programs
- Monitor and inspect work done by contractors and vendors as per project schedule
- Ensure that all Livelihoods components are implemented as per project plan
- Carry out close liason and consultation with community leaders and other line departments related to Livelihoods in the cluster
- Assist in undertaking of the capacity building of the various groups involved in projects, including NGO Partners, Community Animators and beneficiaries
- Maintain Livelihoods budgets components to ensure appropriate and efficient use of resources in the project and area of operation.
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor/s
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent (preferably in any development related discipline) with minimum of 5 years experience in working in the area of livelihoods
How to Apply:
- Interested and Eligible Candidates can email their applications in samit@ riseagainsthungerindia.org with the Subject Line: Livelihood Coordinator at Deoghar, Jharkhand.