About the Organisation
Government of India(GOI) has initiated Bharat Rural Livelihoods Foundation (BRLF) as an independent organization under the Societies Registration Act to facilitate civil society action in partnership with State and Central Government, for transforming livelihoods and lives of rural households, with an emphasis on women, particularly in the Central Indian Tribal Region.
BRLF is a unique and first-of-its-kind initiative and the Foundation is constituted as a partnership between Government on the one hand and private sector philanthropies, public and private sector undertakings (under Corporate Social Responsibility) on the other. Major functions of BRLF is to provide financial grants to Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to meet their human resource and institutional costs for up-scaling of proven interventions, invest in institutional strengthening of smaller CSOs and capacity building of professional human resources working at the grassroots.
- Programme Executive, Bharat Rural Livelihood Foundation, New Delhi
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (Programs), the Programme Executive shall primarily be responsible for assisting the Programme team of BRLF in due diligence and field inspection of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) for funding support from Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA).
- S/he is needed to work closely with MoTA and the CSOs under supervision of BRLF team. S/he shall also be responsible for working on government-CSO collaboration and more particularly on monitoring and reporting of CSO partners including online reporting by them on MIS software.
- Additionally, Programme Executive shall support the team in program coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and developing, managing, and fostering stakeholder relationships.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist Program team of BRLF in screening and examining CSO proposals as per grant evaluation framework. This would involve study and detailed examination of each proposal submitted by CSOs to MoTA;
- Assist in conducting and executing field inspection/appraisal of the CSOs under MoTA project;
- Assist BRLF Program and Finance team members at various stages in appraisal process of project proposals submitted by CSOs;
- Review and evaluate, information available in public domain about CSOs;
- Maintain and proactively update information at each stage of the evaluation process;
- Assist in the preparation of documentation, narrative reports and presentations related to the CSO proposals;
- Facilitate and support monitoring and review by MoTA from time to time;
- Assist in appraisal process of project proposals submitted by CSOs;
- Assist in monitoring programme progress and track budget utilization, both at programme partner level and for the overall program on MIS software (online);
- Provide handholding support to the partners facing operational issues in MIS system;
- Monitor reported data in the system and further addressing this issue with CSOs to rectify wherever needed;
- Provide Training to partners to build their capacity to work efficiently on BRLF MIS portal;
- Facilitate CSOs in annual plan and intervention reporting on MIS portal;
- Assist in the preparation of documentation, annual reports, budgets, narrative reports and presentations related to the programme; Ensure documentation of best practices and writing of case studies;
- Facilitate smaller CSOs/ CBOs in proposal development, work plan and budget development using MIS software;
- Day-to-day liaison with CSOs and other stakeholders to develop close working relationships towards the efficient and effective implementation of program activities;
- Facilitate and support external monitoring and review missions to the programme, including the preparation of relevant background material on the programme.
- Applicants must have a Post Graduate degree in Rural Development, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Development Management or any related field from any recognized university
- Minimum three years of experience in implementation of development programme in rural development/ rural livelihoods/ capacity building or related areas;
- Experience of working on proposal evaluation, NGO screening, government-CSO collaboration;
- Experience of working with civil society organizations/ CSR groups/ and philanthropic organizations;
- Experience of working with rural enterprise development/ income generation programmes/ with producer companies/ CBOs is desirable;
- Experience of working with Government, or in Government created missions/ societies will be an advantage;
- Practical experience in the Central Indian Tribal Region will be an advantage;
- Experience of working with donor agencies will be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Willingness to travel up to 40-50% of his/her time to the project locations across ten states of India;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural/ multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to multi-task and work well in such a team;
- Ability to work closely with and participate actively and in a fully co-operative manner as a member of a broader team;
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Hindi
- The gross remuneration budgeted for the position upto Rs.6 lacs per annum. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
- This is a full-time position and the initial contract will be offered for a period of three years, which shall be renewable based on performance.
- Location: New Delhi
How To Apply
- Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested apply online at https://recruitment.samshrm.com/JOBS/BRLF by or before July 26, 2020.
Posting 10+ Educational Opportunities daily:
• Telegram: https://t.me/opportunitycellofficial
• Facebook: https://bit.ly/oc_facebook