The United Nations Development Programme is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. The UNDP emphasizes developing local capacity towards long-term self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Identification of suitable candidates for national UN Volunteer assignments
- Provide identification and recruitment services in adherence to established UN Volunteers Conditions of Service, regulations and policies;
- Verify quality and consistency of Description of Assignments (DOAs), and provide guidance on designing DOAs to UN host entities, UNV Regional Offices and Field Units;
- Advertise relevant assignments in line with established processes; · Identify suitable candidates for national UN Volunteer assignments in diverse areas of expertise and for various host entities, as per corporate Key Performance Indicators, and according to DOA requirements and in compliance with UNV Recruitment and Selection policy;
- Check references, obtain relevant clearances and verify performance appraisals for selected candidates, ensuring they match established standards of competence and integrity;
- Alert supervisor about deficiencies or risks, liaise with Regional Offices and Field Units on exceptional situations and provide guidance on applicable regulations, rules and policies to ensure full compliance with accountability framework;
- Keep relevant parties updated on status of identification and negotiate adjustments when required;
- Record actions and data in the volunteer management systems; · Facilitate timely resolution of queries related to volunteer recruitment.
2. Outreach and support to talent acquisition
- Liaise with other team members in the VSC, the Regional Office and Field Units to keep abreast of evolving demand for national UN Volunteer profiles in their portfolio;
- Leverage social media and other means to identify suitable candidates for individual UN Volunteer assignments;
- Identify gaps or shortfalls (languages, specific competencies, etc.) in UNV’s existing talent pool and support talent acquisition efforts to satisfy specific partner demand;
- Support regional and national outreach campaigns and networks of talent sources in coordination with the Talent Acquisition team and the Communication Associate in the Regional Office;
- Represent the organization during external talent sourcing and outreach events, including online/onsite presentations to potential candidates;
- Assess and earmark candidates for specific professional categories, taking into consideration a balance of nationality, gender and language skills, as per corporate targets. Proactively identify candidates with crisis- related experience to enable and help design a rapid surge response;
- Establish and maintain contact with earmarked candidates through targeted correspondence to engage candidates and maintain their interest, as well as their readiness to deploy at short notice.
3. Facilitation of knowledge building and sharing
- Provide input to the design of training materials and corporate activities towards building the recruitment capacity of UNV personnel;
- Synthetize lessons learned in national UN Volunteer identification with the aim to improve VSC timeliness and quality delivery;
- Make contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Provide input on identification policies, systems and processes for the purpose of continuous improvement;
- Serve on a rotational basis as a focal point for VSC on various topics;
- Perform other duties as may be required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education with technical training in human resources, business administration or related areas;
- University degree in human resources, business or public administration, or related area is desirable but is not a requirement.
- 6 years of relevant experience in personnel and/or business administration;
- Experience in MS Office 365;
- Knowledge of the conditions of service of the UN Common System or of international organizations would be an asset;
- Experience in recruitment would be an asset.
- Prior Experience in web-based management systems would be an asset;
- Experience working with volunteers would be an asset.
- Fluency in English;
How to Apply
- CLICK HERE for the Official Notification and Application.