About the Organization
Azim Premji University is a not-for-profit, private autonomous University established under the Azim Premji University Act 2010 of the Karnataka Legislature in India. The mission of Azim Premji University is to create outstanding and effective programs of learning, research, and advocacy in education, development, and allied fields like health, nutrition, and livelihood. The University offers post-graduate courses in Education, Development, and Policy and Governance (M.A. in Education, M.A. in Development, M.A in Public Policy and Governance). The University also offers undergraduate programs leading to a degree in Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.). Specializations will be offered in the Humanities (combined History, Literature, and Philosophy), Sciences (Physics, Biology), and Economics.
- Research Assistant, Azim Premji University, Bangalore.
- Assist my work on several different research projects in education, health, and gender (broad area applied microeconomics of development).
- School of Arts and Sciences, Azim Premji University, Sarjapur (contingent on external situation and government regulations).
- 6 months (September 2021 – February 2022), full-time.
- Shiuli Vanaja, Assistant Professor, School of Arts and Science, Azim Premji University.
- It will be discussed at the interview stage.
- The job involves assisting on research projects with fieldwork-based data collection (contingent on Covid situation and government regulations), data analysis, literature searches and literature survey, proofing documents, and other allied activities.
- 1) Assist in primary data collection: The RA will be expected to assist me in primary data collection in Bangalore.
- 2) Assist in the data analysis: The RA will assist in data cleaning, merging, and data analysis based on primary and secondary data sources.
- 3) Assist in the literature survey: The RA will be expected to do the first survey of the existing literature and create an annotated bibliography and do a more detailed literature survey later.
- 4) Assistance in editing research papers and creating references and the index.
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s in economics/Bachelor’s in economics.
- Knowledge of statistical software such as STATA or R is required.
- Experience working with economic datasets such as the NSS, IHDS, etc., is preferred.
- RA should be interested and willing to assist in field-based data collection.
- Prior experience in primary data collection is a plus.
- RA should have familiarity with searching material online – including academic research and relevant literature.
- Knowledge of languages Kannada and/or Tamil is preferred.
How to Apply
- Please send your CV along with a brief expression of interest to [email protected] Use the subject line: ”Application for the post of a research Assistant”
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an online interview.
- Deadline: Please apply latest by 31st July 2021.
- Click HERE, for the Official Notification.