About the Organisation:
Project DEFY is a non profit based out of Bangalore, India that has been working in the sector of self design learning through learning spaces called ‘Nooks’. The organisation works globally facilitating the setting up of ‘Nooks’ in communities hit by marginalisation and keen on creating
their own learning systems.
About the Position:
DISPECS (DIsaster PreparEd Community Spaces) is a program in disaster preparedness with
the vision of making communities around the globe self-reliant in the face of a disaster.
The Program Associate will report to the Program Lead at Project DEFY. They will be responsible for design and implementation of segments under DISPECS. The Program Associate would need to manage their overall segment, including project designing, defining
timelines and implementation. Apart from this the Program Associate will also help the team in partnership building and onboarding.
- The role will be a consulting contract renewable at the end of 12 months from the starting date based on mutual discussion.
- Designing the various segments of DISPECS using design methodology. This includes conducting research to understand the gaps, creating a solution and building a program design around the solution.
- Creating a pilot action plan to quickly pilot the prototype of the program.
- Working with the community to research and execute pilots on ground.
- Prepare the relevant marketing materials along with the communication team for the pilot.
- Manage the on-ground volunteer team to execute the pilots.
- Create and facilitate training modules for the volunteers.
- Program-manage the execution timelines for the respective segment.
- Work with partners to support them in segment designing.
- Supporting the program lead in reaching out to potential partners and communicating our needs and requirements to partners.
- Create and maintain a variety of reports and documentation for the respective segment.
- Also support the program lead in creating program reports for internal and external use.
- Experienced in designing programs from scratch using any design methodology.
- Entrepreneurial experience is a big plus.
- Ability to work with marginalized communities on ground and an ability to appreciate diverse cultures and people from different socio-economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a heavy workload with a high degree of adaptability, strong problem-solving skills, and to effectively work on and manage multiple tasks.
- INR 4.8 lacs CTC
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India (remote till further notice)
How to Apply
- Send your a) Updated Resume b) Your current remuneration package c) Cover Letter to: [email protected]
- CLICK HERE, for the Official Notification.
- Deadline: 20th September 2021