Acumen is seeking a Portfolio Analyst to join our India team in Mumbai. We’re looking for someone with 1 – 3 years of investing, consulting, or private equity experience and a proven commitment to tackling global poverty. The right candidate is bold, creative, and can excel in a fast-paced, start up environment.
We are investors. A different kind of investor. We invest in people and companies working to solve problems for people living in poverty… essential products and services that bring more opportunities, more choices to millions. To date, Acumen has positively impacted 309 million lives by investing $137M in 139 innovative, early-stage companies in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the United States. But investment is not only about capital, we have been investing in innovators for years, connecting with emerging leaders around the world and engaging them in collective dialogue, moral inquiry, and skill building.
About Acumen India
Acumen’s commitment to India began in 2002 when we deployed capital to Aravind Eye Care Systems and then consequently set up our India office in 2006.The Acumen India team is responsible for finding, vetting, and managing investments in game-changing social enterprises that serve the poor in our portfolio sectors: Agriculture, Workforce and Energy.
About the Role
The Portfolio Analyst will play a key role in the success, development and impact of Acumen’s portfolio in India. The Portfolio Analyst also provides support to core investment processes, like maintenance of the portfolio database, coordination with the finance and legal teams and developing a pipeline of investment opportunities.
- Mumbai, India
Specific responsibilities include:
- Helping the portfolio manager identify and conduct due diligence on organizations with proven or promising approaches to delivering Acumen India’s investment strategy;
- Participating in the preparation of detailed investment documentation for Acumen’ s Senior Management, the Investment Committee, and the Acumen Board of Directors;
- Support the portfolio manager to help investees achieve their business plan objectives;
- Maintaining core portfolio processes, including the Annual Review, scheduling Investment Committee meetings, updating of data on e-Front, preparing Closing Sets;
- Work with the Acumen India team to: (i) Analyze and document data-driven explanations for portfolio decisions; (ii) Extract and document investment-specific and general insights; (iii) Analyze metrics data to identify patterns; and (iv) Channel that data to outputs for marketing and fundraising efforts.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- 1 – 3 years of experience in investment management, venture capital, private equity or consulting
- Bonus if experience with financial and operational due diligence of early stage businesses
- Good financial, modeling and business analysis skills; demonstrated by prior experience.
- Familiarity with the social enterprise and impact investing sectors; demonstrated commitment to serving the poor is preferred.
- Strong ability to take initiative with research and analysis and produce valuable results in conditions of uncertainty.
- Solid operational skills including problem solving and project management skills, including ability to work and deliver projects independently, proactively and under pressure.
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills—courtesy, tact, patience
- Self reflective and aligned with Acumen values
- Authorization to work in India on a permanent basis
- Acumen offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, including full benefits
How to Apply
- For Official Notification and Application, Click HERE.
- Deadline: Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.