About the Organization:
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. They seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debate. For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed.
Position and other details:
- Consultancy – Project Assistant, Earth Journalism Network
- This is a part-time, remote-first consultancy. The successful candidate will be based in India. This role will require flexibility to coordinate with colleagues in various time zones.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with management, supervision and administration of Earth Journalism Network (EJN) projects in India, both those carried out through Internews US as well as those carried out by Internews Europe (and potentially other Internews entities).
- Support the EJN India Manager and team with various tasks
- Use social media platforms to popularize webinars and story grant calls for all projects.
- Help organize some webinars, including an upcoming webinar on fisheries subsidies, by arranging speakers, following up with participants, and other activities as needed.
- Plan and manage logistics for events which may include, but is not limited to: visa application support, airfare and lodging requests, and liaising with team members to coordinate travel.
- Think of ideas for additional outreach in our coverage areas, be it by connecting with other media organizations or finding networks through which to spread our opportunities.
- There may be further opportunities to get involved with various tasks depending on candidate’s skillset and preference.
- Understand and commit to uphold Internews’ Core Values.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong background in administration, preferably with some experience in project management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet and data analysis software.
- Strong background in social media management and other forms of communication and outreach.
- Editorial and/or copy-editing experience preferred.
- Work or education experience in media, environmental issues or international development preferred.
- Demonstrated strong potential for project management.
- Willingness to work and take meetings outside normal business hours.
- Understanding of the media and/or environmental landscape in India; ability to think out of the box on ways we can support both going forward.
How to Apply
- For more information please check the Link