Bala Vikasa International Centre [BVIC] invites applications for the position of Associate (Incubation).
About the Organization
Bala Vikasa is engaged in community development over the past four decades in India, with multi-focused areas including women empowerment, clean water, education, environment, agriculture and a broader model village development program. Over the years, it was observed that the standalone development of communities without sensitizing the businesses to address and minimize the societal issues might not achieve the ultimate objective of inclusive and sustainable development. There is a significant gap that exists in businesses understanding of the societal issues, viz, a need with a potential business opportunity or a social issue arisen out of business operations, in turn adversely affecting business in the long run. While this gap is recognized by many, yet ensuring a fine balance between both the parties and offering a suitable and sustainable solution is a challenge. Being a close ally of communities and having an edge with businesses through diverse programs and channels, Bala Vikasa is presumably well-positioned to take up the challenge of this multi-dimensional issue. In turn, Bala Vikasa decided to transform this unaddressed challenge into an opportunity in the interest of all stakeholders through dedicated efforts, a focused approach, and persistence. As a result, Bala Vikasa International Centre [BVIC], an extended arm and a unique initiative of Bala Vikasa, is formed in 2014 and is dedicated to address this gap and ensure inclusive and sustainable development.
The two major focus areas of BVIC, namely, Social Entrepreneurship and Business Responsibility, inherently offer solutions to social and environmental issues through the business approach and/or businesses involvement. The broader objective is to engage with businesses to benefit society, either directly or indirectly.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support in conceptualization, designing, promotion and implementation of programs such as Identifying the potential startups and incubators.
- Coordination with internal and external teams, stakeholders and partners.
- Development of program formats, content and documentation.
- Program reporting, analysis and support in the dissemination.
- Undertaking the evaluation and assessment of previous and ongoing programs and activities Organizing and safekeeping of the program information and archiving.
- Support in collecting data and building an extensive database for research and Promotions in areas such as incubation, funding and advisory.
- Identification, networking, follow-up and mobilization of resources for programs.
- Support in the development of promotional material, publications & newsletters.
- Support in the development of new services, modules, proposals and partnerships
- Minimum master’s degree in Social Entrepreneurship or Management any other related streams.
- Good numerical abilities and excellent command over Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Good working knowledge in quantitative, qualitative research with strong analytical skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- A self-starter who can spot new opportunities.
- Enthusiastic & flexible in taking up any other support roles & activities, as required.
How to Apply
- If this position excites you, please send in your CV’s to [email protected] with subject line:Associate_Ref.Opportunity Cell
- Candidates that apply should have adequate knowledge and experience in the above-specified areas.
- Candidate that applies should be willing to make the necessary commute to Bala Vikasa Campus, Hyderabad