At Teach For India, we’ve built a nationwide movement of leaders who are working relentlessly to end inequity in education. It’s been twelve years since we began this journey and today we have 900+ Fellows leading classrooms impacting 32,000 children across the country, Through our Fellowship, we infuse the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem and have a growing movement of 3400+ Alumni. Our Alumni work at all levels of the education system from teaching, teacher training, school leadership and community empowerment to education technology, policy, governance, media as well as in the private sector. Cumulatively, our Alumni have founded 150+ organisations in the social sector with 200 of them occupying senior leadership and CXO positions across organisation.
The web development intern will work with Teach For India’s Technology Team in Mumbai on developing responsive web application components for one or more stakeholders of Teach For India to connect and empower each other on the path of realizing the organization vision – One day all children will attain an excellent education. The intern will develop front-end components (in ReactJS) and/or web services (in NodeJS) on top of multiple data sources (MongoDB, Salesforce)
The Technology team is responsible for technology implementations, software solutions, and hardware support for all stakeholders of Teach For India. We’re a small but strong team that aims to use science and art to create wonder. “Gandhi meets Jobs” is our motto and we work towards creating beautiful apps that empower all our stakeholders on their journey towards our collective vision. We operate with the agility and rigor of a startup, making use of the best and latest technologies available. Some of the technology platforms we currently use are Salesforce.com, NodeJS, ReactJS, MongoDB, Algolia and we adopt new technologies when/where we believe they add value. We’re not rigid about using any specific technology. However, we’re committed to providing an amazing user experience on every solution we build.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop web application components in ReactJS as per design specifications
- Develop server-side (API) components in NodeJS using data sources on MongoDB, Salesforce
- Understand API specifications, integrate with front end components and suggest improvements
- Research about useful 3rd party libraries/extensions that could be integrated with the web application
- Provide support to users on the ground in using the web application
- Collect feedback about user experience and actively participate in technical & design discussions
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Moderate: NodeJS, MongoDB.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence and motivate team members and project stakeholders to achieve outcomes
- Current engineering student or graduate from a reputed institute
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
How to Apply
- For Official Notification, and Application, Click HERE