Teach For India is on a mission to eliminate educational inequity in our country and create an India free of poverty and filled with love. With 4600+ passionate Alumni working across the education system, we are reaching 1 in 10 children nationwide. Our Fellowship Program, now in its 14th year, has empowered Alumni to impact the lives of ~38,000 low-income children, making us the largest pipeline of talented individuals in India’s educational ecosystem.
- Communications Intern, National Careers Team
- Full-Time, Paid Internship (2 months duration)
Join our dynamic Careers Team on a mission to manage communications for multiple interventions, including Fellow & Alumni Readiness sessions and the External Career Fair. As a Communications Intern, you will play a vital role in designing creatives, executing social media campaigns, and supporting outreach efforts to onboard Alumni on our newest alum management platform. This is an opportunity to contribute to educational equity and make a lasting impact.
The Careers Team, a pivotal part of Teach For India’s strategic phase, caters to 4100+ Alumni. This team is instrumental in matching Alumni with opportunities that align with their interests and the needs of our educational system. Through platforms, events, and strategic partnerships, the team fosters lifelong connections, providing ongoing visibility into careers that promote educational equity in India.
- Design creatives and communications templates for Career Readiness sessions.
- Execute social media campaigns for partner organizations, Alumni & Fellows.
- Assist in creating outreach samples for the External Career Fair.
- Support team outreach to onboard Alumni on the new platform.
- Conduct secondary research on specific projects for the Alumni community and compile reports.
Competencies and Abilities:
- Prior experience in designing posters and outreach materials using tools like Canva, slides, etc.
- Ability to conduct concise secondary research and compile reports.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Rigor and attention to detail.
- Time management and flexibility to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Preferred Qualifications, Experiences, and Expectations:
- Laptop required.
- Preferred location: Remote.