Learn about the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) Internship Scheme by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry. Discover eligibility criteria, application details, stipend, and selection process.
The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), a part of the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, is committed to nurturing young talents by introducing an internship scheme for students pursuing Undergraduate, Postgraduate degrees, or Research Scholar programs in recognized universities or institutions in India or abroad.
This scheme aims to provide students with valuable exposure to the workings of the Government of India and insights into the various schemes administered by the DPIIT.
- Year-round Availability: The DPIIT Internship Scheme is available throughout the year, allowing applicants to select a period of their choice, ranging from one, two, to three months, based on their preferences.
- Online Application: Applications for this internship opportunity will be exclusively accepted through the online mode.
- Applicants pursuing Graduation, Post Graduation, or Research in the following domains are eligible to apply:
- Library Management
- Note: Candidates from other domains may also be considered on a case-by-case basis depending on the department’s requirements.
- The internship duration can vary from a minimum of one month to a maximum of three months. Upon successful completion of the internship, students will receive an Experience Certificate.
- Those who do not complete the required internship period will not be awarded any certificate.
Maximum Number of Interns:
- At any given time, the DPIIT will select a maximum of 20 interns.
- Interns participating in the DPIIT Internship Scheme will receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 10,000/- (Ten Thousand).
Selection Process and Other Modalities:
The selection process involves the following steps:
- a) All applications received online will be compiled in the Establishment Division.
- b) Sections/divisions will request interns with the approval of the concerned Bureau Head.
- c) Upon request, the Establishment Division will provide details of available applications to the concerned Division.
- d) Bureau Heads will select interns based on their requirements, and Estt. G Section will issue offer letters to the selected interns.
- e) Payment of the stipend will be initiated by Estt. G Section after the internship period’s completion. Interns must submit a certificate confirming the successful completion of their assigned work.
- f) Interns are required to submit a brief report or paper to the concerned Divisional Head at the end of their assignment.
- g) Attendance records and work supervision details will be maintained by the respective Division/Section.
- h) The conduct of interns and their access to data will be the sole responsibility of the concerned Divisional Head.
By participating in the DPIIT Internship Scheme, students gain valuable insights into the functioning of the Government of India and contribute to their professional development in various domains.