About the Organization
NABARD Consultancy Services (Nabcons) is a wholly owned subsidiary promoted by National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) and is engaged in providing consultancy in all spheres of agriculture, rural development and allied areas. Nabcons leverages on the core competence of the NABARD in the areas of agricultural and rural development, especially multidisciplinary projects, banking, institutional development, infrastructure, training, etc., internalized for more than two decades.
The primary duties and responsibilities shall be as follows:
- Identification of watersheds/springsheds, desk and field appraisal of initial proposals/datasheets submitted by Project Facilitating Agencies (PFAs)
- Periodic monitoring of the projects (Technical, Physical and Financial)
- Scrutiny of disbursement claims of PFAs and processing of release claims.
- Conduct of meetings with PFAs and structured capacity-building plan for NGO staff and village level organizations.
- Assisting in preparation, desk scrutiny, field appraisal of DPRs and preparation of MOS of regular watershed/springshed/climate proofing /agro-ecology projects.
- Check, monitor and correct MIS entries at local level (PFAs enter the data).
- Support in (monitoring) data consolidation at district and RO level.
- Follow up and monitoring of MIS and submission of reports to HO.
- Documentation of best practices and/or preparation of case studies.
- Preparation/verification and submission of quarterly/ half-yearly progress report to HO.
- Scrutiny and verification of Project Completion Reports.
- Web based monitoring of watershed and other NRM projects through NABARD BHUVAN portal/other portals created by NABARD to ensure that the primary watershed data, physical and financial data are uploaded and assets are geotagged on the portals and also ensure moderation of data by DDM. Also providing guidance to PFAs in uploading of data and geotagging of assets, etc.
- Verification of books and records of watershed/springshed/climate proofing /agro-ecology NRM projects.
- Training and capacity building of PFAs field supervisors and watershed/springshed committees.
- Any other work assigned by the ROs.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum Educational Qualification 1 st class Graduate and/ or Post-Graduate / PhD with at least 55% from recognized university in Agriculture and allied subjects i.e. Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Forestry/Agricultural Engineering/ Soil Science/ Soil and Water Conservation Engineering/ Environmental Science/ Hydrology/ Crop Science with relevant experience of Watershed development.
- Post-Graduate in Social Sciences with minimum 55% marks and 5 years of experience in implementation & monitoring of Watershed Development Projects.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Natural resource management/ Watershed/ Livelihoods/ Water Resources/ Climate Change Adaptation Programs.
- Desirable: Knowledge of working in the government system and policy formulation. Experience in stakeholders engagement, networking with State Govt. and Agri. universities and research institutes for transfer of technologies and extension support on implementation of soil and water conservation measures, climate resilient adaptation measures including natural farming and enhancing income and livelihood of the watershed community. Academic Credentials (publications)
- Should have experience in field monitoring and evaluation of NRM projects or Watershed / Springshed development projects
- Should have database management knowledge
- Must be proficient in MS Office, MS Power Point, MS Excel
- Must be proficient in the regional language
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may apply online in the prescribed format by 24 June 2023 by clicking on the following links and filling the details therein: