Citi, short for Citigroup Inc., is a global financial services company based in New York City, United States. It is one of the largest and most prominent financial institutions in the world, providing a wide range of financial products and services to individuals, corporations, governments, and institutions.
- Building Strong Client Relationships: The Relationship Associate establishes and nurtures relationships with clients and operational teams, becoming a key point of contact for internal requests and issue resolution.
- Compliance and Regulatory Excellence: Ensuring timely completion of Know Your Client (KYC) and other regulatory requirements is a key responsibility. This entails collaboration with product partners and Relationship Managers (RMs) to maintain the highest standards of compliance.
- Access to Global Network: Facilitating client access to Citi’s global network is a crucial aspect of the role. The associate assists in locating local coverage and product support across the globe, enhancing client experiences.
- Onboarding and KYC: Collaborating with RMs and product partners, the associate contributes to onboarding new clients and new subsidiaries, ensuring that KYC and initial credit set-ups are effectively completed.
- Credit Coordination: Efficiently coordinating credit requests and approvals from Citi’s global network is an important responsibility, contributing to the seamless functioning of credit-related processes.
- Identifying Revenue Opportunities: Engaging with product partners and Citi’s global network, the associate identifies revenue opportunities and strategically positions certain products with clients.
- Documentation and Support: Ensuring regular support discussions with clients are held and correctly documented, providing comprehensive assistance throughout the client journey.
- Maintaining Accurate Client Hierarchy: The associate diligently maintains correct client legal and marketing hierarchies, ensuring accurate and up-to-date records.
- Credit Documentation Management: Collaborating with the Credit Admin team, the associate ensures that credit documentation, including FX, derivatives, loans, LCs, and other credit-related documents, is always up-to-date.
- Risk Management: Partnering with the Credit Admin team and Independent Risk during client Annual Reviews, the associate helps monitor usage of credit lines, demonstrating a proactive approach to risk management.
- Cash Transaction Support: Assisting in the implementation of cash transactions for Banker, providing crucial support in financial operations.
- The ideal candidate should possess 2-5 years of relevant experience, demonstrating a strong understanding of the industry and specialized knowledge.
- A Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience is required, highlighting a solid educational background and the ability to excel in the role.