About the Organisation:
Room to Read seeks to transform the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Working in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations and governments, we develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the relevant life skills to succeed in school and beyond. Learn more at www.roomtoread.org
As part of Room to Read’s Development Operations team, a sub team of the Global Business Operations Team, the Development Operations Analyst provides general administrative support with the primary responsibility of supporting gift processing and updating records in our fundraising and donor reporting database systems for our India (IN) and Asia Pacific (APAC) team, with offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, and Japan. This position reports to the Associate Director of Global Business Operations.
This role directly supports Room to Read’s fundraising processes and impacts positive change by recommending process improvements. This position is based in our Mumbai or Delhi office and provides team support for the India and Asia Pacific offices.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage offline gift processing for Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Australia, including the processing of checks, bank transfers, and stock gifts; scanning all checks and backup information, reviewing and identifying correct coding, entering data into fundraising software (Salesforce NPSP) and issuing receipts based on each market’s needs.
- Download third-party donor reports and prepare files for gift entry as needed.
- Manage third party IN and APAC gift processing in terms of importing and exporting for processing and reconciliation as well as routine updates and requests from vendors.
- Enter gifts in NPSP from India Gift Log, manage communication for gift coding and review supporting documents with the India development team
- Maintain accurate donor records in our Salesforce database, including importing of new records, cross-checking imported data.
- Data management of Salesforce database: monitor Chatter requests screen and de-duplicate records, perform mass updates for recoding donations when needed, update addresses, and overall ensure data quality.
- Monitor sustainer gifts to manage duplicates and other issues.
- Maintain all receipts across all worldwide fundraising offices are running correctly, making updates as changes are needed, and working with the Associate Manager to troubleshoot when needed.
- Manage GSD functions for the development team including tracking inventory, completed allocation requests and overseeing the dedication language process where needed Manage or assist the Associate
- Director of Global Business Operations in managing projects or initiatives that will lead to process improvements and development of best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree, or relevant work experience
- 1-2 years of work experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail and results oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English with the ability to adjust communication style based on the audience.
- Adept at using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with databases and ability to continually learn new technology, database processes
and procedures as needed.
- Comfort working with numbers and calculations
- Proactive and tenacious troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong work ethic and ability to juggle multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- Flexibility and positive attitude
- Legally eligible to work in India; no sponsorship provided
- History of dedicated volunteer activity and/or commitment to non-profit organizations
- Previous experience working with relational databases and/or web integration tools
- Previous experience working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
- Experience in project management
- Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
- The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing the world through literacy and gender equality in education.
- Global Office Asia – Main – New Delhi
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment